An update on our little guys

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by sheras2, May 11, 2010.

1. sheras2

sheras2 Well-Known Member

About 3 weeks ago we were told one of our boys was IUGR and the other was small for gestational age. The doctor was really concerned because Baby A was in the 25th percentile, but Baby B was only in the 5th. I was terrified, but have tried to remain positive and optimistic. I've been going for weekly fluid checks, which have all come back fine and have had three growth scans now (one was the week before the diagnosis). Both of my babies continue to grow and seem to be doing really good. I've also had some other testing done to rule out potential causes and we are so relieved that everything has come back normal. I started following Dr. Luke's eating plan from her book about three weeks ago now and I really do think it is making a difference! Since my first growth scan 4 weeks ago, my Baby A has gone from 8 oz. to 16 oz. and Baby B has gone from 6 oz. to 13 oz.! Baby A is pretty average now, and Baby B is still small, but they have both had really good steady growth. I will get more details from the MFM on Thursday, but I am feeling really optimistic, and actually a sense of accomplishment that my little guys are doing so well. :) Just thought I would share since so many of you offered good advice and support in recent weeks.

2. genagoodrow

genagoodrow Well-Known Member

Fantastic news, keep up the good eating!

3. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

great that they are growing. Every ounce counts

4. Sandy005

Sandy005 Well-Known Member

That's great news!! Keep up all the hard work and positive thinking.

5. ladypotter

ladypotter Well-Known Member

Congrats on their growth!! Keep up the good work momma!!

6. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: Keep up the great work momma!! :youcandoit:

7. WaterGuzzler

WaterGuzzler Well-Known Member

That is excellent news! Just what I needed to hear today :)

8. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Wow, this is great news, good for you guys (all three of you :)). Good luck with everything and keep us posted on their progress.

9. Chrijodo

Chrijodo Well-Known Member

That is an excellant growth!! Way to grow boys keep it up!!

My girls are on the smaller side too. Baby B at last growth scan (a week and a half ago) was about 9 oz and Baby A was 6 oz. Hope they hit a growth spurt like your boys!

10. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: for great news! Great job Momma!