An Easel?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Mommy2ATeam, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Mommy2ATeam

Mommy2ATeam Well-Known Member

Both of my girls (Alana especially) love to color. Sunday, Alana discovered the fun of a chalkboard at MIL's house so I thought we might could get them an easel for Easter. We're going to look for one this weekend but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Do your kids have one that is especially good?

2. twopinkpeanuts

twopinkpeanuts Well-Known Member

I just got one for my girls and they love it. It's got a chalkboard on one side and a dry erase board on the other. And the really cool part is that it has a spool for a big round of construction paper in between both sides (along with a tray for chalk and crayons).

I got the easel, paper and chalk at IKEA for cheap. The easel was $19.99 and the paper was about $7 I think.

It stands up really well too and is a good height. They'll still be able to use it as they grow taller.

Here's the link:

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...Number=50021076

Ciao,
    Daniele

3. mommyto3girls

mommyto3girls Well-Known Member

We have the Crayola easel. It has the chalkboard on one side and dry earase on the other. It also came with magnetic letters and numbers and an eraser. Each side has clip to put paper on it and trays to hold your supplies. All three of my girls love it. Here it is.

4. Tivanni

Tivanni Well-Known Member

My girls LOVE their easel that they received as a gift from my parents. It has a chalk board on one side, and white erase on the other which also serves as a magnetic board. They play with their magnetic letters almost daily and are able to identify them now. They even were putting up letters they saw while watching Sesame Street and their Leap Frog video.

It is from Lake Shore. I love Lake Shore products and I used to order from them all the time when I was teaching. [​IMG]

Here is a link:
    LakeShore Easel

Here are the paint cups/brushes that I used to use that go with them:
    Paint Cups/Brushes
    Thought I saw a cute one from Step 2 as well.

Sharon

5. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I'm wanting to get the Step 2 Easel for Two b/c it has clips on both side for paper and the tray for supplies extends all the way through the easel. It's pretty reasonably priced too. I think I'll probably get it later this spring so that they can paint outside!

6. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

I was just thinking I want to get them an easel for their second birthday, but I'm starting to think of getting it sooner. They have really gotten into coloring and Bea will ask for crayons all the time.