Amnio Results - We are cleared for c-section Nov. 26th!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by LMW1015, Nov 21, 2008.

1. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

We had our Peri appointment this morning and everything went pretty well. I think I freaked myself out more than I should have. They decided to just do the amnio on Walker because boy's apparently mature slower than girls so they said if he was fine then Jocelyn should be fine also. The amnio wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Honestly, the IV at L&D hurt way worse. It was pretty interesting to watch in a crazy way. I could feel the needle going in while watching on the screen. Seeing it go through each layer towards the amniotic sac was just bizarre. Walker did real good and was still while they put the needle in. As soon as the DR started sucking up the fluid though Walker moved as far away as he could from that needle. Poor kid - probably thought someone was trying to suck him up. It was pretty fast though. I'd say maybe 2 minutes. Then they just cleaned me up and put a band-aid on. Then they monitored me and the babies. Their heart rates were great and they have been busy moving around. I was having contractions every 3-4 minutes. The DR was a little concerned (I think if it was my own DR he wouldn't have said anything because I just contract like crazy :rolleyes: ). He said he wouldn't be surprised if I didn't make it to Wednesday before I had them. I don't know. I have a feeling they're staying put until Wednesday. I'd really like my own DR to deliver so I'm hoping so. Besides I think the dates work out perfectly for work/school. Anyway :) I finally got the amnio results back and Walker was at a 52!! They wanted anything 50 or above to do the c-section on Wedn. They like it to be a 55 and they gain a point a day. SO - YAY! We are cleared for c-section on November 26th! I can't believe we're SO close! Not counting today (since it's almost over) and the day of we really only have 4 days to get through! WOW! We can do it!!! :woohoo:

2. Joanna416

Joanna416 Well-Known Member

Congrats and good luck - you are doing great and they will be here before you know it. Great Job Mama :D

3. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

WOW how exciting :yahoo:
    I am glad the amnio went well & good for you for watching on the screen...I had to hide my face during mine! :blush:
    Just think...In 5 days you will get to see thier sweet little faces!

4. tashatank24

tashatank24 Well-Known Member

Yay!!! Here's to counting days instead of weeks (or months) :shok:

5. ElisabethCogdill

ElisabethCogdill Well-Known Member

That is so exciting! Are you worried about missing thanksgiving though? That would be my biggest thing!

6. AngelKLP13

AngelKLP13 Well-Known Member

YAY! So exciting. You will be holding your little ones soon! Can't wait to hear about it! GL with the csection!

7. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Great news Lisa! :good: :Clap: I'm glad everything is going good and everyone is ready to enter the world! :wub:

8. jordyn25

jordyn25 Well-Known Member

Wow good luck. Kinda scary now that its so close huh? Hope it all goes great!!!!

9. LMW1015

Thanks so much everyone!!! I am so excited! 4 days now! I ended up going to L&D last night with horribly painful contractions that were in my back and everything. I thought that might be it but no dilation so they filled me with a bag of fluid and sent me on my merry way. I told DH no more L&D trips till the real thing on Wedn. We know the routine way too well. I must have been a bit dehydrated though because even though the fluid didn't slow my contractions much it did reduce the intensity quite a bit. The DR and nurse said the amnio may have really irritated my uterus so that is why I got them so bad. I feel better this morning. Still contracting off and on but not painfully - thank goodness. I'm determined to keep them in there till Wedn now!! :)

QUOTE(tamaras @ Nov 21 2008, 06:10 PM) [snapback]1081325[/snapback]
    WOW how exciting :yahoo:
    I am glad the amnio went well & good for you for watching on the screen...I had to hide my face during mine! :blush:
    Just think...In 5 days you will get to see thier sweet little faces!

LOL Yea - it was kinda weird watching it. It was better watching the screen than watching my belly. I think I was so freaked out that the needle was going to poke my little man that I had to watch - protective mama thing. :)

10. LMW1015

QUOTE(Elisabethcogdill @ Nov 21 2008, 07:32 PM) [snapback]1081428[/snapback]
    That is so exciting! Are you worried about missing thanksgiving though? That would be my biggest thing!

Honestly - these babies are truly my Thanksgiving. I am so overjoyed at them being here to share that day with me. I knew when we found out the due date they would probably be born right about Thanksgiving since I hit 37 weeks on T-Day. I don't have the energy to make a good Thanksgiving dinner and I don't think much family is cooking (we normally do our own) so it would have been a boring T-Day anyway. This way I can have my Dad bring my DS up to the hospital and *hopefully* they'll have some kind of Thanksgiving menu that day. LOL If not - we'll celebrate a week later or something. :)

11. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

How exciting to be so close to meeting your little ones face-to-face! Woohoo!!! Congrats on making it this far!

12. becky5

becky5 Guest

That's great news! Good luck!

13. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Good luck on Wednesday. :D