Am I just lucky or is this temporary?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by sawyerkustomz, Jun 15, 2007.

1. sawyerkustomz

sawyerkustomz Member

Hi, I delivered my twin boys on June 2. I was 36 weeks and 4 days and they spent a few days in the special care nursery. We've been home over a week now and all they do is eat and sleep. Is it because they're preemies and it will change as they get a little bigger? I have an older daughter and I remember her being up all night or crying sometimes and we didn't know what for. These guys wake up at their every 3 hour mark, eat and go back to sleep. Have I lucked out or will it change as they get a few weeks older??

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I have heard that they "wake up" around their due date, which was true for me!

3. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

Mine "woke up" around their due date as well. We quit waking them to eat, and they started waking us up!

Enjoy it while it lasts and get some rest!

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

True here too!

5. twomore

twomore Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MichelleL @ Jun 15 2007, 11:55 AM) [snapback]293173[/snapback]

Same here!!

6. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

My boys werent preemies but the dr. said the 1st month is the 'honeymoon period'. Here is to hoping your honeymoon lasts for a long time!

7. Eyler07

Eyler07 Well-Known Member

my boys were born at 36 weeks and they were always good babies...they always woke us to eat and then went right back to sleep...since then, we have never really had any problems with them - I guess we lucked out and maybe you did too...Only thing i have noticed is that they know they're schedule and when they need to eat. if it's nything past that, they'll let you know but hey, who wouldnt....

8. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MichelleL @ Jun 15 2007, 11:55 AM) [snapback]293173[/snapback]

Same here!

9. pink and blue mom

pink and blue mom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twomore @ Jun 15 2007, 12:38 PM) [snapback]293235[/snapback]
    Same here!!

Mine did the same!

10. tracymcg

tracymcg Well-Known Member

I'd say you're both lucky AND it's probably temporary! :p

Our boys were very easy newborns, but we got our share of fun when they turned about 3-4 mo old (ugh, what a time). I think everyone has their tough spell at some point, so just enjoy your easy babies now!