almost 14 months...still not standing

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by serranoboys, Aug 1, 2008.

1. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

The only reason I'm asking is because Caleb's 6 month re-eval with ECI is coming up. He's not standing nor is he expected to based on his past gross motor skill delays. But now I'm concerned because Braxton isn't either and I'm wondering if I should have him evaluated as well. If I let go of his hands (and if he's simultaneously concentrating REALLY hard on something like playing with his boy parts :rolleyes: ) he can stand there for about 4 or 5 seconds. But as soon as he realizs what he's doing he gets a huge smile then falls forward into my arms like it's a game. So what do you ladies think?

2. EMc2

EMc2 Well-Known Member

better safe than sorry, always been a good motto that's worked for me.
    I hope they suprise you in the next couple of days and take off, if not...good luck and we'll say some prayers that all turns out well. I'm sure they're fine.

3. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

I'd probably have him evaluated as well, just in case there's any extra exercises you can be doing with him. I remember a few stories from moms with older twins here of kids not standing or walking at 14 or 15 months, and then one day everything just clicked and suddenly they have two standing, walking, running, climbing babies who caught up with their age mates overnight.

4. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I would have it checked. One of my DD's was not standing at 14 months. She didn't crawl until 13.5 months and didn't walk until 20 months. It may not be enough of a delay for services, but it can't hurt to have them evaluate.

5. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I would probably have him evaluated, just in case. But then again, I have been known to be an extreme devotee of the "it can't hurt!" attitude (at times).

Jackson's developmental processes seem to take a long time, but involve steady progress toward the goal. Jacob has me biting my nails every time, fretting & worrying... then all of a sudden one day he just does it ("it" being crawling, walking, etc...). Hopefully you just have a couple of Jacobs on your hands. :)