Allergic to diapers?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by kdanielleflowers, Jul 29, 2009.

1. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

About a week ago I bought some Huggies Little Movers for my girls. They usually wear the Huggies Snug and Dry. This morning, I noticed that Aurora has a little rash on her tummy under her diaper. There's no bumps further down in her diaper, just around her belly button area. I noticed that the diapers smelled a little "powdery" when I pulled them out of the package.

Has anyone else had this happen?

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've never had it happen, but any change in diapers, laundry detergent, etc. could always possibly cause a reaction. Could it be a heat rash? Since that's where the diaper would fit the snuggest maybe she is getting really hot there.

3. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Now that you mention it I've had the exact same reaction with my girls to those diapers. I think it's b/c the tabs rub across their bellies.

I can't see your ticker to see how old your babies are/if they are mobile. I don't know if I'm describing it accurately. You know how the tabs that keep the diaper on are sort of rough feeling? Well I've noticed on the snug and dry that those tabs tend to ride up to the top of the diaper and my girls are so active that I think the tabs rub their tummies raw and cause that redness. If I purposely put the tabs lower on the diaper their tummies don't turn red.

I wonder if you tried the same thing if it would work? Or maybe my girls are allergic to them too?

4. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

my kids used to get that way from Pampers Cruisers - they'd get all bumpy all over from the "mesh" like interior of the diaper...

5. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

My boys got that way with the Target diapers, but they also go serious diaper rash with those too. Aimee has a good point about the tabs. It would be worth a try before getting rid of them all.

6. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

Turns out it was a viral rash. I guess they start on the tummy area. She has an ear infection to go along with it. Bleh!

7. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Aww, poor baby. I hope she feels better soon! :hug: