All those receiving blankets and burp clothes

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by SMax, Jul 9, 2009.

1. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

We are moving in a week and I am trying to weed out the stuff that we don't really use anymore. I have a lot of little (useless!) receiving blankets and burp clothes. I am tempted to just give them away...but is there another use for them down the road? For example, I have been clearing out most of the baby clothes...but then I remembered how I dressed all of my dolls in my old baby clothes. And now DD won't have a lot of extra stuff for her dolls :(

I am fighting my natural "pack-rat" tendencies and trying to reduce...any thoughts on the blankets/burp clothes?

2. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

I used blankets & burp cloths for sewing projects. For example I made homemade wipes out of the flannel blankets.
    Burp cloths make good cleaning rags?

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would keep a few of the best ones & get rid of the rest if it were me & I were moving. They are good for cleaning but how many do you really need (I'm a good one to talk, I think I have a whole cupboard full of the things!)?

4. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

can you sew them all together and make a patch blankie for each one as a keepsake? i was thinking of making 2 taggie blankets so they have a small piece of thier babyhood and a good chewie :laughing:

5. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I was in the same situation and got rid of everything, but I can't sew.

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would say to get rid of them if you can, I can't get rid of any of ours. DD keeps them as lovies and gets very upset if anyone dares goes near her pile of blankets.

7. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I use their old burp clothes to clean, so maybe keep a few. As for their receiving blankets, we gave some away, but kept the nicer ones. They use them for their dolls. Gl with your move!

8. twinmuffin

twinmuffin Well-Known Member

I used the burp cloths as cleaning rags. I also recently gave the girls some old receiving blankets, and they love to use them with their dollies, or to play peek a boo with, so maybe keep a few and give the rest away. I also love the idea a PP gave about making a quilt, I just know I'd never have the time.