Ahoy, me hearties! There be birthday booty ahead! September 19th - Mallory & Zachary - imlodog

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Her Royal Jennyness, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

:birthday: :birthday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mallory & Zachary HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :birthday: :birthday:

Before ye leave us for th' big world o' th' 1-5 yr. board - a few requests!!
    • [*]Can ye show us a before an' after pic? (If ye be a rewards member ye can attach it, otherwise ye can walk the plank!)

[*]Summarize yer last year with yer little buckos!!

• Tell us about yer 1st birthday plans, arrrrr! Do ye have a theme or will ye be sailing wi' 3 sheets to th' wind?
    :sign0016: to th' 1-5 board and visit th' First Year Often, me heartie!!!

(disclaimer: This post was made on September 19th International Talk Like A Pirate Day. No insults are actually intended, this holiday is all in fun!)

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Happy 1st Birthday. :banana: I hope you have a great day!!

Rachel

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

[SIZE=18pt]:yahoo: :yahoo: Happy Birthday Zachary & Mallory!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: [/SIZE]

I hope you guys have a great day!!! Congrats momma!

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

:yahoo: :birthday: :birthday: :yahoo:
    Geez, luck of the pirates to have a birthday today!! Arrrrrr!!!

5. imlodog

imlodog Well-Known Member

Thanks all!

Jenny, don't know how you come up w/ all these creative posts :)

I will reply to everything when I get a minute. Went to Toys R Us to get our bday balloon and bought them some balls.

Lois

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

:birthday: Mallory! :birthday: Zachary!

Congratulations momma! :hug99:

7. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

[SIZE=36pt]Happy Birthday!! [/SIZE]

8. imlodog

imlodog Well-Known Member

Can ye show us a before an' after pic?
    Mallory in NICU
    Mallory again

Zachary in NICU
    Zachary again

Mallory & Zachary today!
    Mallory & Zachary again...just because it is so cute!

Summarize yer last year with yer little buckos!!
    Wow, where to begin. I had a traumatic birth - pre-eclampsia, DIC, blood transfusions, skyrocketing blood pressure and bells palsy. There was some NICU time for the babies, but they were good weights and didn't have any serious problems. My DH had 5 weeks off from work in the beginning, so that was a huge help. We worked out a schedule that really worked for us. We were lucky to have good sleepers...sleeping through the night around 2-3 months. Zachary had reflux and a hemangioma near his eye to deal with...plus he didn't start eating until 9 months...that is when he decided to unclamp his mouth! Both of them had torticollis that I had to treat with physical therapy. They are fine now.

All in all, I think it was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I remember when I was pregnant I was trying to get all my friends to sign up for shifts to help us. We never needed them.

It is all such a blur, the sleepless nights, worrying that you were doing the right things and doing a good job. I loved being rewarded with a smile from them, then a clap & a wave, rolling over, crawling, standing...each milestone made me think, that hey, we're doing ok. They will continue to amaze me each and every day! I'm so glad that we made it through the first year and they are happy and healthy.

Tell us about yer 1st birthday plans, arrrrr! Do ye have a theme or will ye be sailing wi' 3 sheets to th' wind?
    Today, on their actual birthday, my dh and I took the kids to Bugaboo Creek for dinner. They shared a grilled cheese w/ fries. We had the Moose come over w/ the waiters to sing Happy Birthday and they each got a big chocolate cake to try. Mallory was scared of the talking tree, buffalo and the Moose puppet!! At home though, she acts like the big bully to Zachary...go figure.

On Saturday, we are having a family and friends party, about 50 people. It is going to be warm enough that I think some people might even go swimming...though I have no idea what the water temp. is. The theme is Sesame Street. They both love Elmo, etc. I got them each a t-shirt that says "I'm 1" in primary colors to match. They also have "It's Fun Being One" crowns. Again, they will smash cake on Saturday. Should be lots of fun!! I still can't believe they are one!!

I have to say that Twinstuff has been a big help. I joined when I was pregnant and there is so much good advice on here!!! THANKS!

Lois

9. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Arrr, it looks like Mallory had a little bit o' jaundice when she were little, but they be little cuties fer sure! Happy birthday sweeties!

10. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

Congratulations on making it through the first year!!! You had a lot going on!!! Happy Birthday, babies!

11. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Mallory! :birthday: Happy Birthday Zachary! :birthday:

Glad you had a nice day today Lois! I loved all the pics and the story too! :wub: Thanks for sharing it all!

12. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday to you Mallory and Zachary!! :birthday: