Ahhhhh......a massage!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by stbmo4, May 4, 2007.

1. stbmo4

stbmo4 Well-Known Member

Okay,
    After my crazy travelling weekend I got back in to the office on Tuesday and quickly realized I needed to relax and regroup. It dawned on me that DH had given me a gift certificate for a massage LAST YEAR for Mother's Day that I had never used! So yesterday afternoon I spent an hour being massaged from head to toe--I left feeling wonderful--like a limp noodle actually, which is saying alot when you are 27 weeks preg w/ twins!

The therapist started me off on my back all propped up on a wedge with another wedge behind my knees. She worked head, shoulders, neck, arms this way and then straightened out one leg and a time and did legs and feet (ahhhhh). Then she gave me pillows and had me turn on my side and get comfy and she did my back. Oh it was wonderful!

I had to share with you guys b/c I haven't heard it mentioned here, and frankly hadn't thought about it myself. But girls, if you can, it was so wonderful.

We deserve it!
    Jen

2. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

Sounds wonderful, maybe I'll ask my hubby to get that for my birthday. I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself.

3. mar66rus2

mar66rus2 Well-Known Member

I asked for that for my b-day which is in 2wks, plus Mother's Day is coming!!! We do deserve it.

I had to actual think about what I wanted this year since I usually get a season pass to Cedar Point (amusement park if you have never heard of it). Well, not this year since I won't be able to ride roller coasters til October, but they are open all of that month so I do hope to get there once (especially since there is a new coaster). Sounds kind of dumb, but it is something that DH and I do a lot during the summer....it was a great get-away when doing IF treatments last summer, plus DD loves it too :)

April

4. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

Oh, that sound wonderful. I know right now my upper back and neck are really stiff and sore and causing headaches!! A massage may just be what i am looking for :)

5. pdxpeach

pdxpeach Well-Known Member

I've been wanting to do this. I really wanted to do a mommy spa day. There is a local place in town that caters to pregnancy and post pregnancy. Now to just come up with the money for it.