Advice on swimsuits for toddlers?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Minette, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I know this is out of season, but with all the snow we've been having, I'm desperate for indoor activities -- and I'm embarrassed to say we've never taken them to the pool (they are 13 months!). Just never got around to it, and we don't have any swimsuits (though we do have disposable swim diapers).

Any advice? Favorite brand/source? It's not like we're going to be at the beach everyday, so they don't need to be super high quality, just decent. And it's indoors, so UV protection is not an issue. Thanks!

2. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I know this is out of season, but with all the snow we've been having, I'm desperate for indoor activities -- and I'm embarrassed to say we've never taken them to the pool (they are 13 months!). Just never got around to it, and we don't have any swimsuits (though we do have disposable swim diapers).

Any advice? Favorite brand/source? It's not like we're going to be at the beach everyday, so they don't need to be super high quality, just decent. And it's indoors, so UV protection is not an issue. Thanks!

3. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you will be able to easily find them off season. I like Old Navy, Target and Gymboree. I got Sofia a swimsuit at Oldnavy.com for 3.99 a couple months back. They have these online. Not super cheap, but still very affordable and great quality. You could also skip the suit and just use the swim diaper.

4. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

When mine were 4 months old I found swimsuits in the gap in January I think. They start getting them in after Christmas. They're kind of pricey there, but it might be a while longer before they get them in at Target, etc. All of the boys swim trunks I've purchased at Target have been great, but I haven't been impressed with the girls suits. HTH [​IMG]

5. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Since you are going to be indoors and don't have to worry about the sun, I would advise getting two piece suits to make diaper changes easier. We went to the pool this past summer when they were 9-11 months, and had one piece suits. A&B are so fair (like me), I was afraid to do two piece suits, plus I had a t-shirt over top the suit and made them wear hats. I sound nutty when I write that all out. [​IMG]
    There were a couple times when I cut the pool time short because they needed diaper changes, and I couldn't deal with getting a wet suit and shirt off, changing the swim diaper, and putting the suit back on.
    I got suits from Target and liked them just fine. I saw women's swimsuits when we were there today. Didn't go into the children's dept, so don't know if those were out too.

6. Jill R.

Jill R. Well-Known Member

If you don't plan on going right away, check ebay. I got Ally's suit on ebay last year, brand new, and it cost less than $10, because it was off season.

7. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this too b/c we are going to a hotel in Feb. with a pool and my girls suits from early summer obviously won't be fitting them.

I was at Target just yesterday and they had a rack of suits out alreayd...they were $9.99