Addison and Payton have arrived!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by MommyWannabe, Feb 1, 2007.

1. MommyWannabe

MommyWannabe Well-Known Member

Well after a long, long 9 months (3+ months on bedrest), my beautiful babies are here!
    At my regular OB appt. on Thursday it was discovered my BP was skyrocketing 160/108! So off to L&D for admission and observation. I got there around 5:00pm and after scores of bloodwork it was discovered I was in the early stages of Preeclampsia. Things happened really fast after that. My OB came directly from another hospital and by 10:00pm I was prepped and ready for a c-section.
    Addison Claire made her way into the world screaming her head off at 10:21 and Payton Scott followed shortly, also screaming, at 10:23. Both were perfect. No NICU time! The babies and I were taken to recovery where I spent 5 hours because of my BP. I was the only one there LOL. The girls were weighed and measured. Addison was 4lbs. 11oz. and Payton 4lbs. 5oz., both 18 inches long. The best part, they never left my side.
    They are wonderful babies, great eaters and good sleepers. I'm slowly adjusting to motherhoood, and love every minute of it. I can't wait for the mornings when I can see their gorgeous faces in the sunlight. I had a rough delivery and recovery seems to be slow, but I can't complain. It's great being a mommy!

2. MommyWannabe

MommyWannabe Well-Known Member

Well after a long, long 9 months (3+ months on bedrest), my beautiful babies are here!
    At my regular OB appt. on Thursday it was discovered my BP was skyrocketing 160/108! So off to L&D for admission and observation. I got there around 5:00pm and after scores of bloodwork it was discovered I was in the early stages of Preeclampsia. Things happened really fast after that. My OB came directly from another hospital and by 10:00pm I was prepped and ready for a c-section.
    Addison Claire made her way into the world screaming her head off at 10:21 and Payton Scott followed shortly, also screaming, at 10:23. Both were perfect. No NICU time! The babies and I were taken to recovery where I spent 5 hours because of my BP. I was the only one there LOL. The girls were weighed and measured. Addison was 4lbs. 11oz. and Payton 4lbs. 5oz., both 18 inches long. The best part, they never left my side.
    They are wonderful babies, great eaters and good sleepers. I'm slowly adjusting to motherhoood, and love every minute of it. I can't wait for the mornings when I can see their gorgeous faces in the sunlight. I had a rough delivery and recovery seems to be slow, but I can't complain. It's great being a mommy!

3. jenabbott97

jenabbott97 Well-Known Member

Congrats on your new bundles of joy!

4. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

HOORAY! WElcome to the world, Payton and Addison. Sounds like pure delight.

5. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

6. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

Congratulations! [​IMG]

7. Evanly

Evanly Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

8. Marie_B

Marie_B Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your babies and hoping for a speedy recovery for you!!!

9. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

What WONDERFUL news that they are here safe and sound and no NICU time!! [​IMG] YEAH!! CONGRATS!!

10. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! No NICU time... that's great!!!
    Helen

11. runnergirl

runnergirl Well-Known Member

Congratulations and [​IMG] to your darling girls!

12. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!! [​IMG]SWEET BABIES!!!!

twins are so great!!!

13. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

Congrats! Welcome to the world, little ones!

14. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your girls!! Im glad everything went well and the everyone is doing fine x

15. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

Congrats! Welcome to the world, little ones!

16. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

Don't forget to take care of yourself!

17. becky5

becky5 Guest

Congrats on your babies...great job on the bedrest!

18. kaysyd

kaysyd Well-Known Member

You've come soooo far!!! DIdn't think you'd ever make it here, did you? Well- congrats! My sister called when she heard the word at your office- we were soooo excited for you and I was checking daily to see if there were pics! If you have any questions or need anything- you can pm me and you have my email! ! I was in recovery by myself for a while too- I thought it was weird- did you deliver at Aultman? I hope you are healing well and still continue to do so well - your girls and hubby, too!!!

19. Lilpark

Lilpark Well-Known Member

Congrats on your new bundles of joy

20. WEME

WEME Well-Known Member

Congrats! Love the names...we have an Addison (Addie) too [​IMG]

21. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Aww, I love their little photo! Congratulations on becoming a parent.
    I hope you feel better soon so you can fully enjoy your tiny new bundles!

22. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful baby girls!!! Although you are tired, savor this time. They are such little blessings, aren't they?

23. abbyj

abbyj Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I love the names!!

24. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

Congrats on the babies!!! I love their names. I am new here today and am loving all the stories. I am also a little scared of a C section... I hope you start to feel better soon!!

25. hammondsquared

hammondsquared Well-Known Member

congratulations!!! [​IMG]

26. kayleesmama

kayleesmama Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! [​IMG]