ack! gift for preschool teachers

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Specky, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

So it just dawned on me, we should probably get our preschool teachers gifts...the boys just started about 4 weeks ago.
    I am clueless on what to get them. We have the teacher, the assistant, and the speech therapist who all work closely with the boys.
    Anyone have ideas what to get on a really strict.budget??

Thanks!!
    Rebecca

2. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

$5.00 gift cards to Starbucks, Subway, Dunkin Donuts, etc.?

1 person likes this.
  3. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Homemade spiced pecans, books, cookies. I think you can go easy since your boys just started.

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

All the kids teachers (2 preschool, 3 4th grade), got a candle like this one, and I wrapped it up in a christmas dish towel and wrapped a ribbon around it and tied it in a bow. Fairly inexpensive and easy to do. Who doesn't like a yummy candle burning in their house? ;) Now, if they are male teachers, I haven't got a clue for ya ;) lol

5. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Because I did not want to spend a lot of money this year, I made chocolate covered pretzels. I put 4 in a bag with a bow. After I dipped them, I let the boys put sprinkles on. It did not take long at all.

6. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

Great ideas guys! Thanks so much for your help!!

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I helped my kids make a card for their preschool teachers and asked them what they wanted to say in them. And we got them gift cards to Dunkin Donuts. Good luck!

8. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

We got Christmas ornaments, neat looking copper ones that were only about five dollars each.

9. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Our PTA did something different this year.

Since some of the teachers are on food stamps (we live in a very expensive area) and have a hard time making ends meet, they took a collection of $ to divide it evenly between the teachers/assistants. They didn't feel that it was fair that some classrooms did big things, some classrooms didn't do anything, and the floaters didn't receive anything. (Plus it was way easier on us!) And they were even able to accept credit cards (my friend Brian who referred us to the school) has a thing on his phone that allows for CC payments.

10. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

We went to costco and bought each teacher a set of two movie tickets. I've know these ladies for 8 years so we are quite fond of them. The tickets were 2 for $15 and will let them see whatever movie they want to see.

I love what Becca's school did because I know the daycare ladies don't make enough to live around here. I've started donating my gently (as gentle as twins can be) used items to them because quite of the few of the ladies have had babies recently and I know its hard for them to make ends meet.

11. kgar

kgar Well-Known Member

Probably too late for you to do this this year but keep in mind for the future: We solicit donations (usually $20) from all the parents in our kids' room and use the pool of money to buy American Express giftcards for each teacher. That way, they can each go buy themselves a gift that they really want, as opposed to getting a lot of little things from each student that maybe they don't want. We give the head teacher a little more money than her aides. I think this year it was $100 for the head teacher and $75 or $80 for each of her two assistants.

12. luvrkids

luvrkids Well-Known Member

LOL we got the same candles for my girls teachers (total 4) I didnt do the wrapping in a dish towel which is a great idea but just got small gift bags from the dollar store with tissue paper and through in a hoilday card from the box of cards I had to send out to friends/family. I had the girls write their own name in it but in total I think it cost me alittle over $25.00(because of tax) My girls gave them to them yesterday, it made my girls feel good for giving and the teachers seem to like them!!! Gift cards are a good Idea too, when my son was in grade school, the pta sent out letters asking to pitch in money to get a gift card to whatever store or restaurant the teacher liked....Not sure if I liked it that way because as always I dont think teachers should expect anything but at the same time I'm sure they get overwhelmed with tons of gifts they may or may not like.

13. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Tell them to check out Maggiescloset.org, it's a clothes closet for people in need in our county. I just donated three large garbage bags of 3T/4T all season clothes and shoes. After the first of the year I'm going to go through our adult clothes and accessories and dump a bunch more stuff.

14. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

That's really great, Bex.

And isn't that a pathetic statement on the priorities in our current culture!

15. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

I gave each of the boys' 3 teachers a 20 dollar GC to Target.

I remember when I was teaching, it was the $ and GC I appreciated the most. So, I went with that!

16. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

I just had each kid make an ornament for each teacher and gave them each a small box of chocolates as well. I figure they can either eat them or give them away to someone else. Oh yeah and we also gave them each a Xmas card where the kids tried to write the teachers names and their own names.