A toilet training funny

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by li li, Nov 4, 2008.

1. li li

li li Well-Known Member

The girls have been toilet trained for a few months now and only very very rarely have accidents. Yesterday, I went to collect them from their childminders and she handed me a pair of hand-washed knickers as one of them had had an accident. I carried them home and put them in the wash.

This morning, DH is getting ready to cycle to work and was carrying clean pair of underwear as he usually showers when he gets to work. Tal looks at him, looks at the underwear and says, with a note of surprise in her voice, "You also went pee pee?!"

We went to work with big smiles on our faces.

2. thetaphi_62

thetaphi_62 Well-Known Member

I love the honesty of children. How did your DH respond?

3. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

that's so cute! don't you love it when they give you a story for their baby books??

there's a similar story in DH's family--his uncle to be exact. when his daughter was potty training, she walked in on him getting dressed and he was in his underwear. trying to play it cool, he didn't hide or tell her to get out or anything of the sort. she took one look at the "bulk" in his briefs and said, "did you poop your pants, daddy?" :D

4. li li

li li Well-Known Member

How did your DH respond?

We exchanged a secret smile and DH just told her they were his clean knickers for work.

don't you love it when they give you a story for their baby books

I would if I could get myself together to actually make one - instead I try to memorise all of these things and feel guilty instead.

when his daughter was potty training, she walked in on him getting dressed and he was in his underwear. trying to play it cool, he didn't hide or tell her to get out or anything of the sort. she took one look at the "bulk" in his briefs and said, "did you poop your pants, daddy?"

LOL! My two are obsessed with DH's 'bulbul' as it is called here and with the fact he pees standing up.