A GREAT extracurricular activity

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by nurseandrea02, Aug 18, 2010.

1. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

A while back I had posted how my DS, Conner, was having a lot of 'listening' issues. A few people mentioned martial arts & I finally found a program that accepted 3 year olds. The boys LOVE it & look SO cute! They're learning patience, taking turns, respect, & many other great things! We got uniforms & five 45 min classes for $30 (for BOTH of them), which I find a steal! Anyways, to whomever recommended it to me, thanks again! We're loving Karate!

Here are some pics of my little Karate boys from their 1st official day of class!

Aiden & Conner pose in their Karate gear

Boys punching & yelling "HI YA!"

Boys in their fighting stance

Conner practicing his kicks

Aiden practicing his kicks

So far I have nothing but great things to say...for those of you looking for things for your kids to do, you should totally check this out!

2. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

Aw, so cute :wub:

We signed the girls up for ballet lessons which start in September, I can't wait to see them in their little dresses and shoes.

3. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

that's awesome!!! your boys are SO cute!!!

so, did you say for the total of 5 lessons for both boys and the uniforms was $30 total? or $30/wk? $30 total seems waay too good... I haven't checked into any programs yet, but your Karate sounds fun!

4. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

they are so adorable love the photo's

5. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

So cute in their uniforms ! Glad you guys are loving it. :)

6. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

They are so adorable in their uniforms! I am so glad it is working out for you guys!! I definately want to check in to putting DS in this.....maybe DD, too.

7. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

So glad, hope it will be a great outlet for him. They are adorable.

8. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

Very cool!! Love the pictures!!

9. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Could they BE any cuter?!?!?! Oh my goodness! Too adorable! My boys could certainly learn to listen to authority.... Hmmmm....

10. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

OMG they are *so* adorable!!! :wub: And they look so happy and excited. :) DH really wants to put our boys in some sort of martial arts when they get older. I'm going to have to show him these pics; he'll be signing them up on their 3rd birthday!! :D

11. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

So flippin cute :wub:

12. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

Thanks, everyone! I just couldn't stand how cute they looked...I just had to share!

For the price question, I paid $30 total. That included two uniforms & 2 kids in FIVE 45 min sessions. It was a beginner's promo, so I'm scared to hear what the next month's price will be. But, for now, they're having a blast & looking super cute for a GREAT price! When I compare that to the $50 I paid for BOTH kids to attend four 20 min swimming lessons, I just couldn't pass this up (what is it...like $3 per kid per class with free uniforms?)

Their class is currently only 4 kids including them, all of them boys (and there are 2 teachers, so it's a 2:1 ratio, which I think is great!). I was hoping a little girl would be in there, but there's not :(. There are quite a few girls in other classes, though, & I have a friend who's waiting til her daughter turns 3 to have her join the class. I think it's a great idea for boys & girls alike!

Thanks again for all the sweet comments on my little dudes! Thanks for looking & thanks for letting me share!

13. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Awww, they are just too adorable! :wub:

14. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

ahhhh that explains the pricing... yep they'll get you sucked in soon enough for a bigger fee, but still its a great thing. and I think its a good thing for discipline! yay for cuties!

15. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

They are so darn adorable!! So glad that the boys love their karate class!!