9 1/2 months corrected and done with baby food?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by EricaG, Jul 18, 2008.

1. EricaG

EricaG Well-Known Member

My boys don't seem to want baby food anymore! They've refused it before but usually after a week or so they'll take it again but lately all they want is finger foods. My concern is that they aren't getting enough to eat from the bits of toast and chesse (or whatever I give them) they eat.

They have drinking between 24-30oz of formula a day. I just got them weighed today at E is 19p 15oz and P is 21p 9oz they've been gaining very steadily and this eating thing hasn't seemed to affect their weight.

Did anyone else kids stop eating baby food this early? Did they keep gaining weight? Or did they have to drink a lot more to make up for the lack of food?

Thanks

Erica

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

At that age, mine wanted lots of finger food. I gave them plenty of choices and occasionally I could still spoon feed a dinner meal. They did eat purees until about a year, but they loved finger foods. Your formula amount looks good and as long as they are gaining weight I say keep up the good work!! :good:

3. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

At that age, mine wanted to help, so I gave them a spoon for them to hold, and then they would let me keep giving them baby food. But I agree with Rachel - growing well is the best indicator that things are going well.

4. ferfischer

ferfischer Well-Known Member

My twins haven't hit this yet, but my DS was completely off baby food by 8-9 months too. We went to finger foods. He didn't eat a ton, and still doesn't but he's growing, so I'm not that worried about it! It's great to do finger foods instead, I can't wait till the twins want to give it up!

jenny

5. EricaG

EricaG Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help ladies! And I'll try the spoon thing.

6. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

I am starting to notice this as well. Right now as long as I have finger food on their trays they will let me spoon feed them as well, but if the finger food runs out forget it, they want nothing to do with it. I would say we do 1/2 the meal puree and the other 1/2 finger food at this point. I agree with pp's, as long as they are happy and gaining weight then go for it!

7. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Well mine are still eating baby food so I don't really have any advice. However I know that next week at our 9 month appointment our pedi is going to tell us to start table foods and when I told my mom this she made a comment to make sure I'm ready for them to be done with baby food because once they taste real food they won't take it any more. I guess because it is going to taste so much better? I don't know if that's true though.

8. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(aimeethomp @ Jul 18 2008, 07:42 PM) [snapback]884110[/snapback]
    Well mine are still eating baby food so I don't really have any advice. However I know that next week at our 9 month appointment our pedi is going to tell us to start table foods and when I told my mom this she made a comment to make sure I'm ready for them to be done with baby food because once they taste real food they won't take it any more. I guess because it is going to taste so much better? I don't know if that's true though.

my mom warned me of the same thing. that once they try table foods they won't want baby food anymore...

and mine are starting to lose interest, as well. and i don't give them many finger foods. i just give them little tastes of what i'm eating (of course they LOVE everything i eat! cuz it's not their's! )

9. EricaG

EricaG Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ddancerd1 @ Jul 18 2008, 11:18 PM) [snapback]884297[/snapback]
    (of course they LOVE everything i eat! cuz it's not their's! )

this is the same deal with mine!

10. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

By 11 months, mine were eating table food with us and handling it with their fingers. They really didn't like being fed from a spoon either. YAY for table food!