8 months (almost) and super clingy!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by lbrooks, May 1, 2008.

1. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

Hey there,

I was just wondering if this seems normal to you all. For the past few weeks G has been so clingy. I really can't put her down without her fussing. When I hold her she jumps around happily and it seems she wants down, but then I set her down and she fusses until I pick her up. Is this normal? Is this a long stage? I wear her in the Bjorn sometimes to make things easier, but I can't get much done with a baby in my arms all day.

2. Aprilisdisney

Aprilisdisney Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt]Sounds normal to me ;)

My lil ones have been going through this for about a month, DS more though. I just use it as a lil extra time with each of them....but boy am I super busy during nap time to get things done :rolleyes:

April :)
    [/SIZE]

3. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

My DS is getting like this while my DD is very independant. It seems like whenever i pick him up he just wants to get away... WTH??
    DD sometimes just cries to be snuggled... And forget going to the bathroom!! ;)

4. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

sounds about right to me, too....both of mine are like this, especially ally, like i can't walk without having a baby attached to my leg....luckily now they are starting to take steps along with me, so we kind of do this penguin walk to get around LOL

sandra

5. missymack2003

missymack2003 Well-Known Member

My daughter Brooke is the same way. And I think part of it is because she's teething so she gets fussier than normal. I feel bad though because I wish I could hold them more often. It's hard when you are juggling two, makes you wish you had more arms! Just realized your girls were born the day after mine:)

MJ

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

Sounds like the beginnings of separation anxiety! I think it depends on the baby, but ours lasted quite a while. :wacko: In fact, I think Jake is still in the middle of it!

7. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

That was a pretty clingy age for us too. As in, call DCYF for child abuse if mom so much as walks out of the room! :rolleyes: It's MUCH better now.

An interesting explanation I've heard is that around this age, babies are becoming more independent (crawling, being able to use their hands to play and feed themselves, etc), and that actually frightens them a bit, so they need more reassurance. And of course there's separation anxiety too!

It is tough to deal with, but on the other hand there's no ego boost in the world like having a baby worship the ground you walk on! :D

8. amybucalo

amybucalo Well-Known Member

yep, 8 months is right on target for clingy-ness. Get the book Touchpoints - it really helped me understand the milestones with my first baby girl