6 Months!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by gina_leigh, Sep 11, 2014.

1. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Caleb (Moose) turned 6 months old yesterday and we had his check-up today. He's 18.4lbs and 26 inches. He's in the 50-76% for weight and 50% for height. He's healthy! He is currently teething too. His first tooth cut through a week ago and I can see the second right under the gums so hopefully it'll come through and give him some relief soon.

New tricks include army crawling, scooting on his back, and trying to stand up. He's still not STTN, but I'm hopeful he'll go to college one day. ;)

He has tried baby oatmeal and seems to like it. And thankfully, so far that hadn't diminished his desire to nurse. I'm thinking we'll branch out to veggies next week maybe. Oh! And I attempted to give him breastmilk in a sippy cup. He really enjoyed banging it on his tray and then making milk puddles to play in. He did lick the milk off his hand though! :D

I'm proud we've made it this far and still doing great!

2. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

He and Gabriella are growing too fast!

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats! 6 months is a big milestone. None of my kids STTN yet although we did manage to successfully night wean Emmett a couple of months ago. :laughing: I'm never sure if that's an encouraging or discouraging thing to share. I just know so much of my stress about the girls's sleep had more to do with not understanding an infant/toddler's physiological sleep needs and not really getting that night waking, throughout life really, is perfectly normal and healthy. Once I just embraced that fact and got creative about getting enough sleep myself, the night waking seemed less cumbersome. Hang in there!