6 1/2 and still haven't lost any teeth.

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Moodyzblu, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

The boys are now 6 1/2 and are yet to lose any of their baby teeth. (expect for the two that Jayden knocked out via the kitchen floor). It seems that most of their class mates all have missing and/or grown up teeth already.
    How old were yours when they finally strted losing teeth ?

2. mommyto3girls

mommyto3girls Well-Known Member

The twins were both in pre-k. I think Brianne was 4 and Hayley was 5. There is a boy in the 2nd grade with them. I know that he did not lose any up til last year. I am not sure if he has lost any yet. I have not talked to his mom this year. (He is in a different class this year.)

3. Jen620

Jen620 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My oldest lost her first 2 teeth in K at 5 1/2. Then she waited a year for the next few. She's due anytime for me to be loose, I think.

Joey, on the other hand, is 5 1/2 and hasn't lost a single tooth. They aren't budging. She didn't have any teeth until she was well over a year, so I know it will be a slow process for her.

I'm pretty sure I didn't lose any until I was 7 or 8, and I continued to lose them into junior high.

4. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

Luke still hasn't lost any (and no wobbly ones) and he's almost 7. Naomi has lost a few, but all since the summer so she was 6 1/2 before losing any.

5. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

My niece is a hygienist and her son was around 7.5 when he lost his first tooth. It has to do with jaw development, so it varies quite a bit.

6. ssb2e

ssb2e Well-Known Member

I was in 3rd grade, so around 8, when I lost my first tooth and didn't lose my last one until 9th grade! I'd say that 6.5 isn't too old at all. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

7. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

We were late teethers and will be late losers, according to our dentist. I guess they can predict looking at their x-rays?

I was losing teeth in high school still, so if it is tied to genetics, it will be awhile.

8. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

William has his first loose tooth at 6.5 yrs old. Nathan, nada, not even the slightest wiggle. DD was 6 yrs 3 months when she lost her first, so they are slightly behind her.

9. Sue1968

Sue1968 Well-Known Member

Nope, no missing teeth here. Adam does have one loose tooth up top, but that's because of two previous injuries that have weakened the root. It'll probably come out sometime in the next few months. I remember being one of the last people in my class to lose a first tooth. I was well past the age of 7 when it happened.

10. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

My girls turned 6 in September and haven't lost any either. They were late teethers too.

11. Moodyzblu

My boys were too, which I think works out better because I never had any sleepless teething nights. They both teethed without any problems or crying.

12. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

Rachel is 6 1/2 and hasn't lost any yet either. A bottom front permanent tooth came in behind her two front baby teeth a month ago. The baby teeth have been wigglysince then, and I've been expecting them to come out any day now for weeks. I called her dentist and he said it's common and to just let them come out one their own, even with the adult tooth behind them. You all might want to inspect your kids' mouths and make sure there are no surprises in there! :D

13. Mellizos

Mellizos Well-Known Member

Jacob lost the first at 5.5. He just turned 7 and has lost 5 total.
    Aaron lost his first right before their 7th birthday.

14. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

I had one lose in pre K and one lose her first in 1st grade. Holly loses teeth fast and furious, Cassie on the other hand has had two layers of teeth in front for the longest time.

Andrea on the other hand is almost 22 and still has two baby teeth. They aren't visible, and the dentist says its all she's going to get, and they will likely develop problems in the next 10 years, because they weren't intended to last 30 years!!!

15. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Zack lost his first tooth and Jack has one loose. I didn't lose my first until I was in 2nd grade I believe.

16. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Sarah and Allison are 4 (5 next month) and Sarah has lost two and Allison has lost one. We were very concerned that it was way too early because my son was almost 6 when he lost his, but the dentist assured us that normal is between 4 and 7.

17. Deb C

Deb C Well-Known Member

My 2 are 6 1/2 also and Zack has not lost any. Paige lost her 1st one over a year ago. Zack's are actually starting to wear down, not become loose. The dentist told me that his permanent teeth are there, but aren't coming down yet so the baby teeth haven't started to wiggle. I'm starting to think he'll be 14 before he loses one! It's funny because he really doesn't seem to care either. LOL

18. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

William lost his first one yesterday. Nathan's are still locked in tight.

19. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This surprises me that your dentist would say that. We had to have my sons teeth pulled because they said once the adult tooth comes in there is nothing to knock the other one loose. Normally thats what makes a tooth wiggly is the other tooth coming down. I guess it depends on how close they are to one another?

20. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

My oldest is 6 1/2 and hasn't lost any. I went to the dentist this month for regular check up. There is also no sign of 6 year molars. Since I still have 3 baby teeth (well 2 now, and 1 implant) they decided to make an x-ray. Turns out there all there. But most likely she'll be 7 by the time the bottom 2 will come out and between 8-9 when the top 2. She still has a lot of root left. Her teeth now are perfect, so no worries, but I would have it checked at some point. It's rare but not uncommon that people miss (a number of) teeth.

BTW, she was early with her first tooth at age 5 months so that's quite uncommon and surprised the dentist too ...

21. Moodyzblu

Just an update .. BOTH boys have lost their first teeth. Jayden lost one on the bottom and Jesse lost 2 at once on the bottom ! (he tried to pull 2 Legos apart using his teeth .. lol)

22. Dani Boyle

Dani Boyle Well-Known Member

Connor & Maddie are 7 1/2. Maddie has lost 9 teeth starting in Kindergarten. Connor has lost 2 teeth and only in the past 2 months.

23. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I still have 2, and I am almost 38! I lost 1 around 10 years ago, they pulled it (it was shifting sideways) and I now have an implant. The other 2 are in OK condition, still a little bit of root left. My dentists over the years just told me to wait and see. As long as they don't cause problems, they don't do anything.

24. DeLana

DeLana Well-Known Member

My daughter just lost her first two teeth (bottom center) at age 5 years 8 mo & 9 mo, respectively. Her brother so far has no loose teeth.

I've read that girls typically lose teeth earlier than boys, starting at age 5; boys on average start losing teeth at age 6.

DeLana

25. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

Katherine has lost 5 so far and Philip has not lost any yet.

26. BellaRissa

BellaRissa Well-Known Member

My girls are 6 yrs 6 mths....they have lost 6 & 5 respectively - there is a wide range apparently.