4 more days!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ddancerd1, Sep 9, 2013.

1. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

4 more days till my c/s! i'm so terrified. i know i had one with the girls, but i had pushed for 3 hours beforehand, and by the time we decided on just doing a c/s, i was so tired and out of it, i didn't care. now i'm going to be totally aware of what's going on! BLAAAAH!!!! my recovery last time was really good... i'm hoping it was be the same this time. i'm dreading the first time i have to get up out of bed... i'm dreading take that first poop, too lol
    please tell me everything's gonna be ok!

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

For what it's worth the second time was a milliin times easier for me & my first wasn't bad! I didnt have that p ain/ weird feeling when getting up, got up & about much quicker & no poop pain!

Good luck mama! Can't wait to see her!♥

3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Everything's going to be okay. I just went through this two weeks ago. They have you get there super early. I was scheduled at 10 and had to be there a little before 8. So it was like 8:30, I was totally prepped, and I had like a total panic. I wanted to run away. I don't know why I was so scared. I had one with the twins (and although it wasn't planned, it was a leisurely decision due to failure to progress, so I hadn't been exhausted). After awhile, I calmed down. Once I went back to the OR, I was fine. The spinal gives you such a numb, calm feeling. I started to feel nauseated, but told the anesthesiologist and within a minute he'd given me meds and I was fine again. Getting up wasn't bad. The first BM wasn't bad. Honestly, I only took like two doses of the Percocet. I think it's totally true that recovery is easier the second time around. Two weeks out, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm just taking Advil a couple times a day. I've been able to go on walks, am not having trouble with stairs, etc. The biggest difference this time is how badly I wanted to go home. I did the whole 72 hours last time and them was horrified at going home! This time, I went home at about 50 hours post c-section. I was pushing to get everything back to normal--get rid of IV, get rid of cath, get rid of saline lock. The hardest thing has been remembering to take it easy. I'm sitting here now reminding myself that I am taking it easy the first 3-4 weeks!

1 person likes this.
  4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My BF had 4 c/s and each was an easier recovery than the last. Take the stool softener after and the poop will be ok. 4 days and you get to meet the new baby!

5. ddancerd1

CONGRATULATIONS!!! i was wondering if you had the baby yet!

thanks, all! the last time, they didn't give me anything for pooping, and i didn't poop till like 2 weeks later, and i was in SO MUCH PAIN. (i'm normally a constipated person lol)... this time i've been taking metamucil twice a day, and even packed some in my bag to have in the hospital.

i'm just trying to "keep my eyes on the prize", but i've always been the person who always works herself up before a dr appt, if i know needles will be involved.

i am, however, very happy to hear that recoveries have been better second,third, etc time around!

6. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Take a stool softener twice a day and GasX four times a day. I can't believe they didn't just give it to you last time. They just started me on right after with both sections.

7. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Eep! Congrats, Dannielle! You're almost there! My c section wasn't a bad recovery, either. I started taking stool softeners immediately.

8. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

My sister in law said her second c-section was much easier as well. Good luck to you!

9. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Good luck!

10. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Can I just say...I feel like you've been pregnant FOREVER! ;) LOL! Best of luck to you! Can't wait to meet the newest bundle! :)

As for recovery...my first c/s I did pretty well...even bending over before I left the hospital, at discharge, in front of the nurse. Oops. ;) I don't recommend. I did end up having a bit of my incision open up...ouch. And as for going to the bathroom....holy hell...it was like giving birth... 'nough said! ;)

Now. The second c/s. No incision issues. Healed nicely. No bathroom issues(I vividly remember the first time around, but not the second). I want to say I healed quicker, at least I think so. But I do recall thinking...how quickly we forget how the recovery is. I just found it to be a pain in the arse. Taking a shower, then having to blow dry my incision area due to so much excess skin hanging over it. That was a real pain, I do remember that!

Other than that, no real issues! :) You will bounce back quickly! After all...there is only one this time! ;) Do we have a name picked out?

11. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, this!

Good luck, so excited :)

12. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

I hope it goes well! Exciting you get to meet your baby soon. I had an emergency c-s with my twins and it wasn't fun of course but they did give me stool meds in recovery and gas meds. Pooping was not really a problem although it was a little sore on my incision at first I can't say it was wildly painful. Just to warn you, though, some of the stool stuff can cause gas so it was sometimes a balancing act between the stool meds and gas meds and not getting too loose of stools and I did have gas pain for quite a few days. I pushed myself to get out of bed and walk to NICU and get rid of the wheel chair ASAP. IDK if that was the best but I was walking quite a bit the week after. The swelling was crazy, though.

13. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've had 3 c/s and each one definitely got easier to recover from! Other than a bladder infection with the twins from the catheter that is! I was in for a full 5 days after my first, mostly because he was in the NICU and I wanted to stay as long as possible so i could breastfeed him. I came home 2 days after my second and third c/s's. I tried to come home after about 30hrs after the twins but my ob wouldn't let me, I had to stay at least 2 days. I just wanted my own bed, and to bask in the glow of new babies ;)

14. ddancerd1

as for the pooping, i was TOLD they wouldn't let me leave till i pooped. and i couldn't eat till i farted. well, i farted teh next morning (and being the immature 12 year old boy i tend to be), i couldn't wait to call in the nurse just to say, "i farted!" (hahaha). so passing gas wasn't a problem at all (lol), but yeah, they let me go home without pooping and without giving me anything. my dr this time around told me they'd give me soemthing immediately, but i still plan to chug the metamucil.

i just want to recover quickly so i can get back to walking the girls to school (their school is 2 blocks away).

oh, also, here, they make you stay 5 DAYS for a c/s! my dr did say i could go home earlier as long as everything is ok.

thanks, everyone, for all your help!

15. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

With my two vaginal births, both times I couldn't leave the hospital until I pooped. I lied with the twins. :unsure: