3rd birthday present list for boys?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Apr 26, 2012.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

what do my 3 yo boys need?
    people are asking me to create a wish list....

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't know, what do they need? You live there. :p

My children always need clothes and shoes. And books.

3. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

At this age it was duplos and everything Cars... I guess it depends a lot on what your sons are into though.

4. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Like the others have said, it depends on what you need and what they like. My boys turned 3 in February and are really in to Lego Duplos, play tool sets, remote control cars, Magna Doodles, car tracks, books, movies, and can now play with wooden train tracks without destroying them. We got them a train table for Christmas last year (2010) and are only now starting to play with it. You could also think of outside toys... sand toys, balls or other sports related items, bikes, or battery operated ride on toys (kind of pricey), squirt guns. If you are sick of kicking toys around, there are always things like socks, underwear, clothes, shoes, snacks (I love requesting things like Goldfish, Teddy Grahams, fruit snacks, dehydrated fruit), baseball hats, sunglasses, markers/crayons/paints/coloring books, or fun bed sheets. One thing that I bought my boys that is sitting on the shelf collecting dust is the LeapFrog Tag Junior... they aren't into it at all. Hopefully, these ideas help some! Happy early Birthday to your boys!!!

5. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Imaginext toys by Fisher Price are always a hit in our house!

6. abrinka

abrinka Well-Known Member

It really depends what he is into. My DS love superheroes so at 3 he got Imaginex Bat cave, bat mobile and all the small accessories that we are still adding to his superhero collection.
    I would google websites that tell you what are great toys for 3YO boys. Also depends if you want him to have more educational toys , pretend ,musical etc. For those who ask me for list of suggested gift I add gift cards so I can take my DS and he chooses whatever he likes.

7. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

IMO, Kid K'nex are the greatest 3yo toy of all time. If Spencer didn't already have EVERYTHING because he has 5 older siblings, that's what I'd be getting him next month for his birthday. We got a big set when my twins turned 3 and they played with them probably 5-7 days a week for at least 6 months. And still numerous times/week after that. The next year, they got a booster set with some pieces that let them build Sesame Street characters. They didn't even watch TV, but they loved the little monsters they could make. My older kids would play along with them, especially the boys. We've had them over 3 years and they're still the most played with "toy" in our house.

8. bekkiz

bekkiz Well-Known Member

Magnatiles are amazing, they are by far their favorite toy. Balence bikes are also a big hit