36 weeks and both babies are breech

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TFine, Jul 6, 2007.

1. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

I had my 36 week appointment and both babies are still breech. I have a c-section scheduled for 38 weeks, 1 day and am not sure I can make it that far mentally. I am ready for these babies to come out.

I have read that if both are breech the odds of me going into labor are slim. Is this true? Has anyone went into labor with 2 breech babies.

Both babies are a good size. 5-11 and 6-5 as of Tuesday and doing well. Baby A has been breech at every single ultrasound and Baby B switched from transverse to breech at 28 weeks. They are both very very active, but do not seem to want to flip.

Advice?

2. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

I think it's possible... I was dilated to a 2cm with my breech babies...but my c/s was scheduled at 37wks 5days...not sure how long I would have held out....maybe I would have made it to 39 weeks... You could always try one of those tried-and-true methods... walk a lot...exercise some... get busy with dh.... all these things will probably bring on contractions... but personally, I don't know if I would try to wear myself out with all of this... I think I'd be more content sitting on the couch trying to rest for the next two weeks...rather than risk exhausting myself for a less than sure method of getting the babies out. If it's any comfort even moms with just one go through this... I remember when I was 3 days overdue with my first baby I became convinced that she was just never coming out. And as soon as I despaired my water broke and we were on the way to the hospital....

3. BDFDGirl (Heather)

BDFDGirl (Heather) Well-Known Member

I think it's possible too. I have had many moms go into labor with a breech baby.... but I don't know if it's different with a singleton instead of twins. I hope that if you do have to wait until your scheduled date..... time flies. But I will keep my fingers crossed that something happens soon for you.

4. kimr

kimr Well-Known Member

You never know what can happen, my girls were transverse at every single ultrasound, my stomach looked very odd. We always planned on having a c-section, first because of placenta previa and then when that was resolved because they were transverse. But low and behold when my water broke and by ob did an ultrasound in the hospital, they weren't transverse anymore and were "in position" and I was able to go vaginal. I had my girls at 34w5d and they were both 5lb5ounces and prior to my water breaking I had never felt a contraction and wasn't dilated at all. So maybe when they decide its time to be born, they'll get into the right position :)

5. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

QUOTE(kimr @ Jul 6 2007, 04:18 PM) [snapback]320040[/snapback]
    You never know what can happen, my girls were transverse at every single ultrasound, my stomach looked very odd. We always planned on having a c-section, first because of placenta previa and then when that was resolved because they were transverse. But low and behold when my water broke and by ob did an ultrasound in the hospital, they weren't transverse anymore and were "in position" and I was able to go vaginal. I had my girls at 34w5d and they were both 5lb5ounces and prior to my water breaking I had never felt a contraction and wasn't dilated at all. So maybe when they decide its time to be born, they'll get into the right position :)

I sure hope so as we are looking at 98 degrees next week and that sounds less than thrilling. :)

6. KatrinaS

KatrinaS Well-Known Member

I didn't ever technically go into labor, though I was on terb for contractions. I had a scheduled c-section at 36w3d. I can't imagine having to wait another two weeks. I was done. My girls were 5-9 and 6-11. Hang in there!

7. shelley79

shelley79 Well-Known Member

I wondered this same this as well. Although I am only 28 weeks and have plenty of time for the babies to turn, I wondered if there wouldn't be enough cervical pressure to dilate on my own. I hope they turn, I would love to have a vaginal delivery!

8. pink and blue mom

pink and blue mom Well-Known Member

I was having tons of contractions they days my babies were born. I was surpised to know that I was 6 cm dialated when I got to the hospital. Baby A was breech and Baby B was transverse. So yes it is possible to go into labor with breech babies.

9. nanhancan

nanhancan Well-Known Member

I had 2 breech babies when I arrived at the hospital. My water broke & by the time I got to the hospital I was 100% & 5cm! I bet that by the time I got into the OR I was 10cm. So, yes- you can go into labor.
    Good luck!