35 weeks - will it keep getting worse every day?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by yellow77, Dec 19, 2006.

1. yellow77

yellow77 Well-Known Member

I'm almost 35 weeks and every day I feel worse and worse and have another new ache or pain or problem. Will it keep getting worse or am I going to plateau at some point? This pregnancy is SO different from my singleton pregnancy. Thanks!

2. yellow77

I'm almost 35 weeks and every day I feel worse and worse and have another new ache or pain or problem. Will it keep getting worse or am I going to plateau at some point? This pregnancy is SO different from my singleton pregnancy. Thanks!

3. ABeeCDandE!

ABeeCDandE! Well-Known Member

You are going to feel GREAT after you deliver! [​IMG]

4. babies@2

babies@2 Well-Known Member

I remember 32 weeks being a turning point for me. I felt ok up until that point and it got slowly harder for me until I delivered. I remember weeks 35-37- I moved slower and slower and was experiencing tingling sensations down my right leg. My symptoms of a twin pregnancy were increasing every few days until I delivered. My pain/experience was different after I delivered and continue to feel not the same as I did before I was pregnant. It takes time. So, to answer your question, it did get slightly worse for me from week 35 on, but obviously manageable. I hope you have a healthy and safe delivery of your twins!!!

5. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

I'm probably going to make you mad with my reply, but I felt pretty good until the end, my scheduled c/s at 38 weeks. The worst part for me was Sam crushing my ribs and not being able to find a comfortable position to sleep in. I don't remeber it really getting all that bad, even in the last few weeks, but everyone's pregnancy is different! Trust me, when you see those two little faces, any pain and suffering will be a thing of the past...well worth every ache and pain, just remember that!

Good luck with your delivery! I hope everyhting goes smoothly!!

6. veggiehead

veggiehead Well-Known Member

Yes, it sucks. I am so sorry, but it is soooooo worth it in the end. The longer you keep them, the better they will be!!! Keep going - you are almost there!!!

Also, if you are not getting any sleep now - just wait - you will soon learn what no sleep really is when you have twins.

Now, didn't I just make you feel so great!?!? hahahaa

No, seriously...it is all worth it!!!

jen

7. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

[​IMG] Yes....it's a tough road from here on out! [​IMG] You have hit "THE WALL"!! Hang in there and keep them in as long as humanly possible!!!

(I had my guys induced at 36 weeks - born 36.2 and my DD had 11 days in the NICU, so it's not safe yet!)

I hate to be the bearer of not great news, but you are SOOOOO close to being DONE! YOU HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB!! HANG IN THERE!! [​IMG]

8. Don2worrybhappy

Don2worrybhappy Well-Known Member

Take it one day at a time. Hang in there. You know that your babies are so worth it.

9. becky5

becky5 Guest

Oh gosh, I feel for you! It is absolutely miserable at the end. Hang in there! [​IMG]Focus on bringing home two healthy babies!

10. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I don't think it really got worse every day for me at that point. I was definitely miserable, but for the last 2 weeks (I delivered at 37), it was only marginally worse as time went on. One day at a time, that's the mantra. And "one more day in me, two fewer days in the NICU," that's the other mantra.

The afternoon after my c/s I was dozing in the bed and I could actually breathe -- OMG what a delight. (Granted the morphine hadn't worn off yet.)

11. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

I only went 33wk6days but, even then I felt pretty bad. You will feel a ton better once you have these babies! Keep them cooking you are doing a great job!

12. Trillian

Trillian Well-Known Member

You poor thing [​IMG]
    I went to 38 weeks and I just moved from the couch to the bed and back again. I don't think I ever watched as much tv as I did in the last few weeks of my pregnancy! You're in the home stretch and you'll be seeing those sweet babies before you know what hit you [​IMG]

13. yellow77

Thank you so much for your very supportive replies. I really appreciate it. I have a 21 month old to chase around too and I feel terrible that we don't "do" anything anymore.

14. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. I had my 4 year old and it was the beginning of the summer and I could walk down to the beach with him but I just couldn't play or anything when I got there. I did that up til 38 weeks and I was miserable. But obviously I managed and I felt fabulous about a week after they were born (I was really engorged). Good luck!

15. my2littlebubbas

my2littlebubbas Well-Known Member

I hated my last month of being pregnant. I feel your pain. I delivered at 36 weeks, but felt more like 50 weeks. Good Luck on the rest of your pregnancy.

16. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by ABeeCDandE!:
    You are going to feel GREAT after you deliver! [​IMG]

AMEN to that!

I was ok until 34 weeks then I felt like every day had become an endurance test. I was soooo miserable. When I went into labor at 36 weeks I was pretty worried about the boys, but a tiny part of me was so relieved that it was going to finally be over with.

It took me 2 weeks before the swelling went down and I felt almost human again. As it is I'm still sort of recovering. I don't think my hips will be the same ever again. [​IMG]

17. cwinslow7

cwinslow7 Well-Known Member

quote:
    quote:
    Originally posted by ABeeCDandE!:
    You are going to feel GREAT after you deliver!

AMEN to that!

Great-yes...Tired-absolutely...but SO VERY WORTH IT

18. boogerkw

boogerkw Well-Known Member

I had a horrible pregnancy up until the day I delivered. I hope that everything goes better for you, not much longer to go.

19. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

quote:
    It took me 2 weeks before the swelling went down and I felt almost human again. As it is I'm still sort of recovering. I don't think my hips will be the same ever again. [​IMG]

The swelling was the worse for me too. I went 37 weeks & 5 days and after week 34, it was like PP said I hit the wall. Plus I PUPPS, which was totally miserable. Needless to say I lost 50lbs in 2 weeks, that is how much fluid I was retaining. I thought the girls would kill me, but I can't imagine my life any sweeter. And they weighed in at 6.7 & 6.3 and never spent 1 minute in the NICU, so it is TOTALLY worth it!!

Good Luck!!

20. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I was so tired of being pregnant, and tired, and swollen by that time. I went into labor on New Years Eve and was at the hospital at around 6:00 pm. Right before our c-section the nurse actually asked me if I wanted to wait and try to have the first births of the new year. I said, "ARE YOU KIDDING, ABSOLUTELY NOT!" I was so miserable that I looked forward to being sliced and stapled.