34-wk U/S Today!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kendraplus2, Nov 29, 2006.

1. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies!

Had my 34 week U/S and appt today. Everything is looking great, baby A AND baby B are both weighing in at 5 pounds 5 ounces each!!!!!!!! She said that their growth is great. There's lots of fluid around the babies, which is good, heartrates 140 and 145, baby A is still headdown and B is now transverse right under my ribs, head over baby A's feet. I got woozy again, but not as bad as before. The placenta is starting to show signs of "aging" ... hopefully it hangs in there for another 3.5 weeks! I'm measuring 44 weeks, I've gotten bigger and the babies have gotten bigger but I've only gained 4 pounds in the last month, fine by me! Maybe I'm using up some of the fat I packed on in the begining.

I talked to her about the lack of sleep I've been getting and she basically said it's mother nature's way of preparing us for when the babies come ???? That sucked.

Question: we don't know if they are identical or fraternal, boys or girls, but they've always measured within an ounce or two of each other. Do you think this means they are identical???????

2. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies!

Had my 34 week U/S and appt today. Everything is looking great, baby A AND baby B are both weighing in at 5 pounds 5 ounces each!!!!!!!! She said that their growth is great. There's lots of fluid around the babies, which is good, heartrates 140 and 145, baby A is still headdown and B is now transverse right under my ribs, head over baby A's feet. I got woozy again, but not as bad as before. The placenta is starting to show signs of "aging" ... hopefully it hangs in there for another 3.5 weeks! I'm measuring 44 weeks, I've gotten bigger and the babies have gotten bigger but I've only gained 4 pounds in the last month, fine by me! Maybe I'm using up some of the fat I packed on in the begining.

I talked to her about the lack of sleep I've been getting and she basically said it's mother nature's way of preparing us for when the babies come ???? That sucked.

Question: we don't know if they are identical or fraternal, boys or girls, but they've always measured within an ounce or two of each other. Do you think this means they are identical???????

3. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great appt! As for the lack of sleep, I feel ya on that one. I think bedrest makes it harder to sleep, since I'm not really expending any energy during the day and I'm so sick of laying around, going to bed is not relaxing anymore.

As for id, it's possible, although I think they can vary depending on the situation in the room, and I know some frat twins on this board have been super close if not exactly. Still, it's fun to speculate, isn't it?

4. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

Congratulations on 34 weeks! You must be so excited to be so close!
    As for the possibility of identical twins because of the closeness of their weights... I am only 25 weeks, so I don't have as many weights to compare, but at my last measure they were 12 and 14 ounces and at last night's ultrasound they were 1 lb 15 ounces, and 2 pounds, only a 1 ounce difference, and mine are definately fraternal (boy/girl). But I don't know if that is usually a sign they are identical or not.
    And 5 lbs 5 ounces... very nice weights! Keep up the great work!
    Helen

5. JASB

JASB Well-Known Member

That is such a great appt. I can't wait to get to 34 weeks. Huge milestone. [​IMG]

I don't know about the size to determine whether they are identical or fraternal...but I am having fraternal twins B/G and I have two placentas so the babies have been about the same size every time.

My sister's friend just had fraternal twins B/G and they were about 2 lbs different. She had one placenta.

I am so excited for you! I hope to be following in your footsteps just a couple of weeks behind. Keep me posted

6. jcs

jcs Well-Known Member

I am having fraternal girls, and they have always measured within an ounce of each other. I think it would be more likely for them to be different sizes if they were boy/girl twins, as opposed to same-sex.
    Good luck! It sounds like you are getting close!
    JCS
    33 weeks tomorrow

7. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

quote:
    My sister's friend just had fraternal twins B/G and they were about 2 lbs different. She had one placenta.

Really? I was unaware that b/g twins could share a placenta...maybe it was fused?

My B/G twins were always different in weights and were 3/4 lb. different when born. You know the old wives tale about heartrates too...over 150 = girl and under 150 = boy. Isn't it fun to guess!! I never could wait to find out.

8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I'm glad that you didn't get as woozy this time! and your babies
    are GREAT weights!!! I can't wait to hear if they are b/g, g/g,or
    b/b!!!

9. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I really admire you for not finding out the sexes of your babies! That has to take some serious will power, especially with the number and frequency of ultrasounds we receive! I would have caved, but I am a control freak. It will be an extra special surprise when your babies do arrive and you find out their genders!

10. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great ultrasound and your babies have excellent weights!! Keep up the good work! What a fun surprise you will have in the end!

11. stephsboys

stephsboys Well-Known Member

Congrats on making it to 34 weeks, and their weights are GREAT!! It is interesting that their weights are so close and that is an indicator that they could be ID... do you think you are going to do the dna testing??
    Hugs,
    Lindy, mom to Steph
    and Nana to Cameron and Corey

12. cbrown39

cbrown39 Well-Known Member

Congrats On your great appoinment. 34 weeks is great. My doctor keeps telling me I have to just make it to 34 weeks and if I go into labor he wouldn't stop it. SO I am almost there but I have had no sigs of PTL so I am sure I will keep on cooking.

13. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

quote:
    I really admire you for not finding out the sexes of your babies! That has to take some serious will power, especially with the number and frequency of ultrasounds we receive! I would have caved, but I am a control freak. It will be an extra special surprise when your babies do arrive and you find out their genders!

I have to say, i'm with pp on that one. I have always said i didn't want to find out, because it feels like the last great surprise of the Universe, but - with each u/s it's getting more and more difficult not to inquire, and as they get bigger i'm wondering if i'll keep from seeing. So - i've reserved the right to change my mind and find out.

But - what GREAT weights!!! and hooray for not passing out! I hope the next few weeks go well, what a terrific "baker' you've been!

14. JASB

JASB Well-Known Member

quote:
    quote:

Sorry didn't respond sooner... I was awaiting confirmation from my sister's friend. Needless to say she is busy with her newborns [​IMG]. She did have a fused placenta. I guess with a fused placenta one baby can get more nurishment than the other just the same as if they shared one placenta.