33 Week Update -- Questions regarding weights

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jb35sport, May 27, 2009.

1. jb35sport

jb35sport Active Member

Hi,

My wife and I had our last appt with the perinatologist today. She's exactly 33 weeks gestation.

It was determined w/ had identical boys early on.....Sadly around 26 weeks , she was diagnosed with gestational diabetes.

It appears from looking at other posts that our babies have always measured rather large. Our first born was almost nine pounds so maybe she just makes big babies.

Today the doctor estimated that Baby A was 5lbs 11oz and Baby B was 5lbs 10oz. :eek:

At 28weeks 5days, they measured 3lbs 12oz and 3lbs 11oz.

Do they seem abnormally large or is it possible its a slight result of the GD? Or just possibly good sized babies?

He did say their bellies are slightly large due to the fact excess glucose gets stored in the liver (result of GD).

We are hoping and praying to hold off for another 3 weeks.....She's been checking her blood 4 times a day so she's been effective in keeping the numbers within reason, despite the GD.

Thanks. :cool:

~Jb

2. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

3. faerieprncs

faerieprncs Well-Known Member

Those babies seem HUGE to me! :)

I just had a peri appointment today and I am 32 weeks, 2 days. Baby A weighed 4 lb. 3 oz. and Baby B weighed 3 lb. 14 oz.

But, if your peri isn't concerned, I wouldn't be either. Her body will know what to do and when it cannot handle the weight. At that size, I would imagine that they would have minimal issues...but I'm not a doctor...

4. DoneYet?

DoneYet? Well-Known Member

I think that your good. I had GD with one pregnancy and she was a big healthy baby. Her ultrasound weight was more than her actual weight also. Is your wife really uncomfy?

5. jb35sport

jb35sport Active Member

QUOTE(DoneYet? @ May 27 2009, 10:54 PM) [snapback]1330723[/snapback]
    I think that your good. I had GD with one pregnancy and she was a big healthy baby. Her ultrasound weight was more than her actual weight also. Is your wife really uncomfy?

Not really....I've been very impressed with her energy levels. She continued to do everything as normal around the house, errands, taking care of our son, etc......

She's 5'8" so maybe that has helped.......

6. DoneYet?

DoneYet? Well-Known Member

You sound really supportive I am sure that helps alot. I am also 5'8 and have a long waist so I think that helps pregnancy. Good luck!