32 Wk Apt update- Nervous about Upcoming Holiday's

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by JASB, Dec 5, 2006.

1. JASB

JASB Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies.

I just want to say how much I enjoy this site. It has provided great guidance and support.

I had my 32 wk apt today. The babies are doing great. My lil girl is measuring 5lbs 3 oz and my lil boy is measuring 5 lbs. The tech said they both have tons of hair on their head - my grandmother said that is why I have had so much heartburn!!!

Everything is going well...the waiting game begins.

Hopefully we can hold off till the new year, but the babies are getting soooooo big.

Is anyone else nervous about the holidays coming up and being in the last leg of thier pregnancy?

My peri is leaving for India for 2 1/2 weeks. My OB will be in town still so that is good. I have heard that hospitals are very busy during the holidays and often understaffed. I know I am only 32 wks, but often twins come early...esp since I will be 34-35 wks around Christmas.
    Any thoughts????

2. JASB

JASB Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies.

I just want to say how much I enjoy this site. It has provided great guidance and support.

I had my 32 wk apt today. The babies are doing great. My lil girl is measuring 5lbs 3 oz and my lil boy is measuring 5 lbs. The tech said they both have tons of hair on their head - my grandmother said that is why I have had so much heartburn!!!

Everything is going well...the waiting game begins.

Hopefully we can hold off till the new year, but the babies are getting soooooo big.

Is anyone else nervous about the holidays coming up and being in the last leg of thier pregnancy?

My peri is leaving for India for 2 1/2 weeks. My OB will be in town still so that is good. I have heard that hospitals are very busy during the holidays and often understaffed. I know I am only 32 wks, but often twins come early...esp since I will be 34-35 wks around Christmas.
    Any thoughts????

3. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

Congrats on the good appt. and those baby weights. Sounds wonderful!!

I will be 30 weeks Friday and I'm already constantly nervous about going into labor and the thought of all the running around during Christmas has me worried.

No words of wisdom for you. I guess we shouldn't worry about. We don't need the extra stress. If the time comes, we can deal with it then.

I know...........easier said than done!!

Good job cooking those babies though!!

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

My babies are getting big too! everyone that I talk to says that I
    won't make it until 01-03-07 (when our c-section is scheduled!)
    I am concerned about the holidays - but I figure it will
    work out! I have already bought all of my other kid's gifts
    and have them ready so if I am in the hospital my MIL can come get them!! I am kind of hoping that they will wait until after the new year but I will be 38 weeks then so?????
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

5. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

I'm a little worried about having these babies near Xmas. More than that, though, I'm worried about having THREE KIDS with a birthday in December. DD's b-day is on Friday; and believe me, Dec has always been very rough financially. It's hard to shop for kids well in advance, because they change their dang minds every commercial they see; so I don't know what we'll do. At this point I'm just hoping not to have three on the same DAY!!

6. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

It's not even a question for me ... they will be born sometime around the holidays if I hang in there. My 38-week date is December 23rd, so .... baby A is still headdown and B is slightly smaller than A so so far we are aiming for a vaginal delivery, so no C-section scheduled here, whenever they decide to come, they come!!! I actually brought this up to a doctor a while ago and I'll bring it up again tomorrow, about when to induce if they don't come on their own ... do i go past 38 weeks, get through Xmas, and have them the week between Xmas and New YEars, or do I induce at 37 and a half weeks and bring them home for Xmas??? They wouldn't give me an answer last time, did a wait-and-see thing.

I feel confident in having them around the holidays, I worried about understaffed hospitals and things like that and actually did a post on that, but everyone I've talked to said it's just like any other time, they aren't understaffed and everything is just fine.

And I'm worried about being too tired to enjoy the holidays, I don't have gifts for anyone, things like that - I always bake a ton of cookies and have no idea how I'll manage that ... who knows???

So no, you aren't alone!!!

7. brooke78

brooke78 Well-Known Member

I also worry about an early delivery. I have a gestational carrier carrying my twins. She is 40 and has not delivered her 3 children early-- but I am still really worried that the twins will be here early.
    This Thurs. she will be 29 weeks. Since so much is out of my control I can't stop myself from reading about all the problems that may arise. That's why I am up at 4 am on the silly internet having another sleepless night.
    12/20 will be 31weeks and I am so anxious I could scream sometimes. I think I am short of a panic attack but just at constantly worried. And the holidays will be very sad this year. I lost my MOM in January and DH lost hid DAD in April. So I would like these two little ones to come in the new year for losts of reasons. One being their EDD is Feb 22!!!!!!---which sounds like a nice number don't ya think?
    So I take 4 weeks off that date and say OK 36 weeks is Jan 24 take off 2 more weeks= 34weeks and that'sJan. 10th. I can't stop myself from subtracting and subtracting. It's nuts!! I'm nuts. lol

This THurs. we'll go to peri and have a nice US peek. yeah!
    What should I be asking? cervix lenth, baby weights, BP, fibronectin (?)test, when does one consider steroid shots.... Anything else?
    Any suggestions ladies. I am not really as wacked as I sound- said the dilusional girl. sorry so looonnnnggggg, thanks for considering my 4 am ramb;ing questions

8. JASB

JASB Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the replies. I guess no matter what happens we will still have twinstuff to post our concerns on [​IMG].

I too have not bought any gifts this year due to bed rest. I try to order stuff off the internet, but it usually takes a while for my family to receive it. I live in Florida --- the rest of my family lives in Pennsylvania. Just me and my hubby for the holidays. We might have 2 additions by then.

I guess having the babies around the holidays would be the best gift I could ever receive!!!

9. JASB

JASB Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by brooke78:
    This THurs. we'll go to peri and have a nice US peek. yeah!
    What should I be asking? cervix lenth, baby weights, BP, fibronectin (?)test, when does one consider steroid shots....

At my 30 week apt, the peri measured my cervix and did the fetal fibronectin test. We didn't get the babies weights, but we did get them at the 32 week apt. My dr. hasn't mentioned anything about the steriod shots. I guess because there hasn't been any indication of me delivering.

Don't think you are alone with all the questions and worries. Some days I am just like you, but other days I just take a deep breath and realize I am doing the best I can to make sure my babies are healthy. Don't worry your self too much... you need to be healthly for when those babies come!! Let us know how the apt. goes on thur.