32.5 weeks, I lost my mucus plug!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jennycam, Jun 20, 2007.

1. jennycam

jennycam Member

I know its common to lose it this early and could mean nothing. But for those of you who have already delivered, how long was it from when you lost your mucus plug to when you delivered? Just curious?

Jen

2. QUOTE(jennycam @ Jun 20 2007, 11:04 PM) [snapback]301058[/snapback]
    I know its common to lose it this early and could mean nothing. But for those of you who have already delivered, how long was it from when you lost your mucus plug to when you delivered? Just curious?

Jen

I had lost my mucus plug on a friday and delivered my twins via C-section on the following wednesday. But as you know every woman and pregnancy is different. I hope this helps.

3. pdxpeach

pdxpeach Well-Known Member

My son was born within 12 hours, but mine is not the norm. I say call and inform your doc just to make sure.

4. first_time_mommy_2_be_twins

first_time_mommy_2_be_twins Well-Known Member

I lost my mucous plug on Thursday evening and my twins were born that Sunday morning. But every woman is different. I seem to remember a lady here who lost hers and didn't deliver until like 2 weeks or so later.

5. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

With my DD I lost my mucus plug (per my Dr.) about 2 weeks before i actually went into labor

6. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

I lost mine over the period of two weeks and delivered about a week after that. I have read it is possible for the mucous plug to 'replenish' but not sure if that is accurate.

7. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I agree with Dianne. I think that it may be a myth. Better pack that hospital bag! :)

8. mhouse

mhouse Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Dianne @ Jun 21 2007, 04:22 AM) [snapback]301171[/snapback]
    I have read it is possible for the mucous plug to 'replenish' but not sure if that is accurate.

i've heard the same about it replenishing

9. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I lost tons of mucus over the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy ... I still had to be induced.

10. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

Wow I would prepare for delivery too. I lost my plug with both pgs and had the babies w/in 24-48 hours.

GOOD LUCK! I hope I am wrong and they stay in safely for another 2-3 weeks.

11. kclady

kclady Well-Known Member

Not to be too gross, but what does it look like. I was induced with my son and never had any of that. Kiesha

12. BDFDGirl (Heather)

BDFDGirl (Heather) Well-Known Member

I too have heard about it's sudden reappearance! I don't know where I heard about it from so I have no clue if it's reliable. I never knew I lost my plug with my son. Sorry I'm not much help.

13. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

QUOTE(kiesha @ Jun 22 2007, 01:58 PM) [snapback]303252[/snapback]
    Not to be too gross, but what does it look like. I was induced with my son and never had any of that. Kiesha

It may look like a thick glob of stringy mucous (a little thicker than what you might get from your nose), thicker than what you would see with normal vaginal secretions. If you are close to going into labor you may see pink, brown, or red blood around the edges of the mucous plug. This is called the “bloody show”. Some women lose their plug and don't know because it is soo gradual it is 'hidden' in the regular discharge, some lose it over the course of a couple weeks and know they are losing it, some lose it all at once while some never lose it. There is not usually cause for alarm when the plug is lost or beginning to be lost unless there is bloody show along with it and the pregnancy is still rather early, then it usually warrants a call to the doc.