3 Year Old Girl birthday present

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by mama_dragon, Jul 25, 2012.

1. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

Please help!! My boys are attending a birthday party for a 3 year old girl. What do 3 year old girls like?? Any suggestions for gifts? I have no experience with little girl gifts. We only have boys in the family.

Thank you!!!

2. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hello Kitty play sets.

Minnie Mouse Tea Set

This is what I was looking for here. Minnie's Bowtique it's like the old time paper dolls, where you could change the clothes? But this is a Minnie doll, that you can change her bow, her dress and her shoes. I got this for my dd for her third birthday and she loves it!! I have a little minnie bookbag that she keeps all the pieces in so they don't get lost.

But really, anything like hello kitty, minnie mouse, my little pony (watch for small parts), zoobles....avoid squinkies if you can, I don't want those itty bitty pieces in my house and I'm sure other parents are the same! :lol:

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My daughter turned three in June. Here's some hits:

-squinkies. For the love of g-d she is obsessed!!!! Keeps her entertained for hours!
    -dolls. Never enough!
    -doll accessories-clothes, crib, high chair, etc etc
    -dress up-clothes, jewelry, shoes
    -art stuff
    -hair stuff
    -dresses-my daughter loves dresses that twirl! Lol! She's pretty particular!

I don't think you can go wrong! For every gift she opened, my daughter was astounded! Her reactions were priceless and we got it all on video!

4. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

I would get art stuff (probably not paint or play-doh as some people don't like dealing with messy activities, but you can't go wrong with good quality washable pens/crayons/pencils and paper) or a nice book. Just about all children like drawing and stories so that's a pretty safe bet if you don't really know the child.

Other stuff my girls liked at that age was;
    Toy food (we have/had some nice sets where they can cut up the food)
    Dressing up things
    Animals or People or Dinosaurs (small plastic ones to pretend play with)
    Duplo/Playmobil (again sets that included people or animals were most popular)
    Puzzles

Dolls they were more ambivalent about. Alyssa and Bryony played a bit with baby dolls at that age, although they were never among the favourite toys, and have played with barbie type dolls a fair amount as they got older. Naomi hated baby dolls and has never had a barbie one (because she's never shown an interest). Eleanor loves baby dolls and will play a bit with barbie ones too.

5. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the suggestions! I thought it might be fun to shop for a girl until I realized I had no idea what to get.