28 week appointment update

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Dianna, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

I am pretty much behind on the forum, been having a hard time keeping up. I wanted to post about my appointment the other day. First had an internal u/s to check cervix, looked great. No changes. Then we had the u/s for the boys. Lucas had a heart rate of 165 and weighs 2 pounds 5 ounces. Dillon had a heart rate of 145 and weighs 2 pounds 9 onces. Each had gained a pound since their last u/s. They seem to be doing really well. I saw my doctor briefly. Not too happy with how the appointment ended. The day before my doc had called and said I failed my one hour glucose test. I failed so bad, 216, that he wanted to just skip the three hour test and start me to th GD diet. Said I would talk to the nutrionalist. Well her talking to me was her coming out into the waiting room, giving me a sheet with five guidelines on it as to what to eat and what not to eat. I was more confused when I walked out of there, then when I went in. So trying to figure it all out. Luckily I am in contact with a number of people who are on the diet or have been on it. I go back in two weeks for a check, and four weeks for an u/s.

Dianna
    P.S. Just started a MySpace page on Wed. (Link in my sig) Would love to have twin mommies from the forum on my friends list :) You need to know my email [email protected] Us mommies have to stick together :)

2. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

Thats great Dianne except the GD:( the boys sound good weight!

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Dianna @ Jan 18 2008, 02:54 PM) [snapback]578568[/snapback]
    I am pretty much behind on the forum, been having a hard time keeping up. I wanted to post about my appointment the other day. First had an internal u/s to check cervix, looked great. No changes. Then we had the u/s for the boys. Lucas had a heart rate of 165 and weighs 2 pounds 5 ounces. Dillon had a heart rate of 145 and weighs 2 pounds 9 onces. Each had gained a pound since their last u/s. They seem to be doing really well. I saw my doctor briefly. Not too happy with how the appointment ended. The day before my doc had called and said I failed my one hour glucose test. I failed so bad, 216, that he wanted to just skip the three hour test and start me to th GD diet. Said I would talk to the nutrionalist. Well her talking to me was her coming out into the waiting room, giving me a sheet with five guidelines on it as to what to eat and what not to eat. I was more confused when I walked out of there, then when I went in. So trying to figure it all out. Luckily I am in contact with a number of people who are on the diet or have been on it. I go back in two weeks for a check, and four weeks for an u/s.

Sounds like the boys are doing great! :Clap: I'm sorry about getting GD and that the nutrionalist didn't sit down and really talk to you. :hug99: I wish I could help you in that area, but I can't. I'm hoping someone else around here can help you out with that. Good luck Momma!! :)

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm glad the appt. went well, despite the ending. Doesn't sound very professional of the nutrionalist to just give you guidelines and not talk to you about it. Hopefully someone on here will have some advice for you.

5. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

I agree, not very professional at all. My other concern is I am not testing my blood sugars at home. I go once a week to do a blood draw a the lab at the hospital. I go in the morning, after fasting over night, get blood drawn....leave and go have breakfast, then come back two hours to get it drawn again. Most people I have talked to test a number of times a day, this way they know how they are reacting to certain foods and so on. I have no clue.

The boys are growing great. It is so exciting. I can't wait to meet them. :)

Dianna

6. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

Good for your boys… way to grow… sorry about the GD… hopefully it will all turn around soon…

7. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

My best friend had GD with her singlton pregnancy and she saw a nutritionist several times once they found out. She tested 4 times a day at home. If no one else here can help you, I will ask her some stuff.

I know she was allowed 30 carbs for breakfast, 15 for snack, 30 for lunch, 15 for snack and 45 for dinner!

8. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Tammy Fine @ Jan 18 2008, 07:03 PM) [snapback]579035[/snapback]
    My best friend had GD with her singlton pregnancy and she saw a nutritionist several times once they found out. She tested 4 times a day at home. If no one else here can help you, I will ask her some stuff.

I know she was allowed 30 carbs for breakfast, 15 for snack, 30 for lunch, 15 for snack and 45 for dinner!

See I wasn't told any of that. I was told to:

Up my protein intake.
    Avoid candy and simple starches.
    Limit of two starches per meal.
    Add fruit and veggies to lunch and dinner.
    Replace white bread and regular pasta with whole grain.

Dianna

9. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

I don't know much about GD, other than to say I'm sorry you have to deal with that :(
    But I'm glad the twins are doing so well! Congrats on an otherwise good appt.

10. jkendall

jkendall Well-Known Member

I am glad your boys are doing so well. That is great! I am sorry to hear about the Gestational Diabetes. I hate that you have to deal with that...

11. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Well I figure keeping these babies growing and healthy will keep me motivated to stick to a diet I need to. Will make whatever sacrifices I need to for these boys.
    Can't wait for my next u/s to see how bigger they have gotten.

Dianna

12. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear the the babies are growing and doing well. Sorry about you're failing the glucose test. Mine is on the 28th, not looking forward to it. I can't believe that the nutritionist was so lax about the whole thing. Luckily you know others who can help you through it. I would mention it to your dr when you see him. She did not do her job well. Hope things continue to go well other than the GD. :hug99: Jen

13. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Yeah, she did not do her job. i have gotten tons of good info from people here, from those on my email lists and didn't realize someone my husband knows is a physical trainer, she knows all about nutrition, so she is helping me out too.

Good luck on your test :)

Dianna