27 week appt

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by littletwinmom, Dec 6, 2006.

1. littletwinmom

littletwinmom Well-Known Member

I had my 27 week appt yesterday.

Well, I failed my 3 hr glucose test so officially have GD, which I'm pretty upset about. I had to go to a class yesterday morning, and then my appt was after that. When they put me on the NST machine I was having a lot of contractions,so then my OB said she was going to do the fetal fibronectin test just to be sure, which freaked me out. I just got the call that came back negative - yay! I was trying not to freak but that's hard. Think the contractions were due to the fact that I had to sit up all morning at a class, and had showered and shaved and gotten ready before that (exhausting in itself!), and hadn't had lunch yet...

I guess the GD wasn't a total shock since i have PCOS, but (and I know this is really ignorant to say) I'm so little and thin normally, i just didn't think I would get it...oh well. My OB, being conservative that she is, makes ALL her GD patients test 5x a day! So I guess I have something to do while on bedrest now!

By the way, I'm measuring 40 weeks now! I know this is because I'm 5'1" and have no torso to start with, but there's something mentally disturbing about know you're full term size this early!

Thanks for lending an ear...doing better today!

Jennifer [​IMG]

2. littletwinmom

littletwinmom Well-Known Member

I had my 27 week appt yesterday.

Well, I failed my 3 hr glucose test so officially have GD, which I'm pretty upset about. I had to go to a class yesterday morning, and then my appt was after that. When they put me on the NST machine I was having a lot of contractions,so then my OB said she was going to do the fetal fibronectin test just to be sure, which freaked me out. I just got the call that came back negative - yay! I was trying not to freak but that's hard. Think the contractions were due to the fact that I had to sit up all morning at a class, and had showered and shaved and gotten ready before that (exhausting in itself!), and hadn't had lunch yet...

I guess the GD wasn't a total shock since i have PCOS, but (and I know this is really ignorant to say) I'm so little and thin normally, i just didn't think I would get it...oh well. My OB, being conservative that she is, makes ALL her GD patients test 5x a day! So I guess I have something to do while on bedrest now!

By the way, I'm measuring 40 weeks now! I know this is because I'm 5'1" and have no torso to start with, but there's something mentally disturbing about know you're full term size this early!

Thanks for lending an ear...doing better today!

Jennifer [​IMG]

3. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm sorry you're having to deal with so much. I just wanted to give you some (((BIG HUGS)))!!

4. karyinny

karyinny Member

I have GD as well. It really is more of a pain in the butt than anything else. Hang in there and remember--it is all temporary!

You can do it!!

5. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

I don't know much about GD, but I'm sorry. By testing, do you mean doing the finger prick things?
    I hope everything works out for you. [​IMG]

6. stephsboys

stephsboys Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about the GD. My dd also had it and tested 5 times a day. She was able to control it with diet and in the end it wasn't all that big a deal for her. In fact, because she had to watch everything she ate, she didn't gain a ton of weight, which will be less to lose now that they are here... There is a little bright side!
    Lindy,
    Mom to Stephanie and Nana to
    Cameron and Corey

7. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Sorry about the GD! Don't you think that after suffering through the 3 hr GTT that you should get a little slack?? [​IMG] I just did my 1 hr GTT on monday and that is enough! I had to chuckle when you said that you were surprised about the diagnosis because your naturally thin. A good friend of my had GD with both her pregnancies and she is tall and thin as well. You should have seen her at the hospital after she delivered her first son. She made her husband go and get her Italian take-out and bring it into the hospital as soon as her son was born. I think she was more interested in eating her big pasta dish than holding him! Deprivation does strange things to a normal person! [​IMG]

8. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about your GD. It's tough enough getting through a twin pregnancy, but having to do all that monitoring/dieting in addition really stinks. Sending good wishes [​IMG]

9. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

So sorry about the GD. Hang in thereX!

10. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the GD but hopefully it will be controllable with diet!

11. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Sending you one, and thinking of you