2 years 10+ months

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MommyofThreeBoys, May 20, 2008.

1. MommyofThreeBoys

MommyofThreeBoys Well-Known Member

I need to start thinking about potty training the boys. They will be 3 on July 15th. When should I start training? How should I start training?

2. Mum2TwinBoys

Mum2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

I just started bringing them to the potty, it was a bit of trial and error but we worked through it and really within 4 weeks we were potty trained. I would bring them and tell them to tell me if they had to go and throughout the day I would ask them if they needed to go potty. I am sure you will get much better advice, my boys were really very easy to potty train once they were ready.

3. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

I know mine aren't ready they have been occasionally sitting on the potty but have not went yet, not one sprinkle. I tried getting character undies and watching them like a hawk after lunch when they usually go but they would not sit on it and while one went in one corner of the house and I ran to clean it up the other went in the other corner...I'm not cleaning up pee stains in my rug all day! It's really frustrating but moreso for the parents I think. I was aiming to have them trained before their 3rd bday in December. I know I have awhile but I am getting nowhere and I could imagine how everyone else feels. I really do believe it is a powerstruggle one that you may just want to let them dictate...it's so stressful since they are fully capable of understanding what I am saying and they can express themselves fully, I don't get it!

4. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I bought John new underwear that I told him was for his 3rd birthday. He decided that Thomas undies were too fun and he needed them now! So I offered rewards for poop only, and expected pee. We also went right to the padded seat on the toilet (with a stool on the side to climb up) because I don't do "bed pans." :lol: