2 singles or double umbrella stroller for travel?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by de_acevedo, Apr 19, 2009.

1. de_acevedo

de_acevedo Active Member

I am seeing how light these single umbrella strollers are and i am wondering if i am better off getting two singles or just taking my double stroller. The double is obviously heavier/bulkier but convinient in that they are together but we are travelling with both sets of grandparents so there will be plenty of pushers. What do ya'll think?

PS It is an international trip for 9 days...

2. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

If you have plenty of pushers, then single umbrella strollers would be the way to go. If you are unsure if you have lots of pushers one day, I would suggest thinking about taking an SBS too. Although, I know it gets tricky and expensive to travel with a lot of stuff. GL and I hope you have a great trip!

3. eatcelery

eatcelery Well-Known Member

I'm in the same situation as you are and I will be taking 2 light umbrella strollers along. This way if we have to I can easily carry a baby and the stroller at the same time if there are a ton of steps or something. It is also a lot less tiresome to push a single vs a double. Just make sure your single umbrellas do recline though in case the babies are napping on the go.

4. babymOmmax2

babymOmmax2 Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of the single umbrella strollers myself for every day use. It's a good way for you and DH (or whomever) to be able to split up if you wanted to without the hassle of both babies pinned on you (your on vacation after all!). Plus, if you plan to do some shopping, nothing is more annoying than trying to squeeze and shimmy your double stroller through racks! HTH!

5. 2Xthelove

2Xthelove Well-Known Member

i have thought about getting single umbrella strollers myself
    i saw something for strollers like a clip in babies r us that if u needed to u can clip them together and u have a double stroller take off the clip and u have a single one..i think i am going to get that sounds good so far.

6. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

If you have plenty of pushers, I'd go with two singles. With just two adults, I'd go with the double, since that way at least one parent has his/her hands free. We only have one single stroller and I have never felt the need for another. Even if DH and I are together, it's just nicer to have only person be pushing.

7. sonali33

sonali33 Well-Known Member

We took two cheapo single umbrella strollers to India this past February for my 13 months old twins. They were so easy to fold up for security, getting on the plane, etc. They also worked as place to sit them down to feed them at places that didn't have highchairs. Sometimes we also used them to get one or both to fall asleep in.

8. 2betterthan1

2betterthan1 Well-Known Member

Singles definitely. Especially since they are easier to manuever.

PS bring backpacks since there will be less storage space in them!!

Shannon