2 questions about teething biscuits and snack cups

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by newtothis, Mar 2, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

i picked up snack trap cups and earths best teething biscuits.
    at what age should either of these be used?

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I never used a snack trap cup.
    What age is listed on the box of biscuits? I'm guessing as soon as they are eating food it's fine. Probably somewhere between 6 and 9 months. I have pictures of my girls in their bumbo seats chewing on those biscuits, they were probably 8 - 9 months old.

3. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

I love the snack trap cups, but I don't think they work well until atleast a year. They are great for avoiding major spills in the car or while the kids are in stroller.

I just started giving my boys teething biscuits. Alex is gnawing on everything and he likes of chew on them while Nick finishes eating.

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would say around 9 or 10 months for the biscuits & a bit older for the snack cups.

5. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

thanks for the replies, everyone. i was excited about the snack cups. i thought they might keep them busy when we go out to eat or something.
    as for the teething biscuits, my DH hates when i give the kids any food. puff he is finally ok with. they've gotten caught in their throats once or twice and he gets so nervous!

6. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

I give my girls teething biscuits. On the box I think it says 9 months but there are also 3 developmental milestones listed and since my girls were doing all of those, I tried them. It went really well. I break them in half because they can't eat a whole one. They take a long time to eat and they don't have that kind of patience. I did watch very closely the first time because they can break off little pieces from the side that was broken in half.