1st year Birthday theme ideas and location?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mandywellman, Jan 27, 2011.

1. mandywellman

mandywellman Well-Known Member

I know its a little early, girls will be one april 2nd! BUt I want to try and plan ahead as we all know how time flies and how busy we all are1

anyone have any good theme ideas?
    locations?

I have identical twin girls!

TIA!!!
    ** Why doesnt everyone throw out their boy/girl or boy/boy ideas too, so we can help all the mommies out!

2. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

We aimed to do a noah's ark theme, pairs of baby animals!! ( my ds's name is Noah) but in the end there was some baby Winnie poo and a variation of first bday banners and balloons as well!!! Honestly my two Loved, I mean loved the helium balloons on sticks and played with them for weeks!

Good luck and btw, I have b/g twins and the noah's ark theme was gender neutral

3. mandywellman

mandywellman Well-Known Member

Thx cute idea!!!

4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We did the boys at a local pizza parlor (they have a party room) and did a "Thing 1 and Thing 2" theme. It worked well bc I just did generic decorations bc I think of Dr Seuss as brightly colored shapes and such anyways. This year just did a small dinner at a local Mexican Restaurant. If you can see my theme here I am very much about spending money to keep my clean up and preparation at a minimum!!!;) For us its worked that as long as we don't pay to rent the space the amount we spend on food is about the same and I don't have to do the clean up/cooking to begin with!!!

5. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have b/b twins, and as much as it would have been great to do a 'theme' per se, it was also a lot more money! That said though, we also had 80 people at the party. So the boys were using blue/green to keep their pacifiers separated from each other. So I did a blue/green theme. In the end, it actually came out cute! And for Annabella, she was pink/purple. So I did pink/purple plates, napkins, cookies, tableware, ribbon, her cake was pink/purple, balloons, etc. Here's a few photos of some ideas:

lollipops
    Silverware
    cake
    Cookies
    Birthday Girl!

So what you see for her, I also did for them. And we hosted it in our backyard for both of them. And we also had it catered(dh is Italian and his cousin owns a restaurant). Keep it simple! As the boys have gotten older, I've gone with a theme. Their second birthday was Sesame Street and their 3rd this past year was Toy Story. Have fun planning!

6. mommaoffour_ohmy

mommaoffour_ohmy Well-Known Member

I think Im going to try and theme colors or 'lollypop' or 'garden' or something similar... doing tinkerbell or bob the builder etc.. is too.... organized tomkat studios is my idol :woman: she has AMAZING ideas! A twin girl party is featured too.

7. fmcquinn

fmcquinn Well-Known Member

My girls' birthday is February 7, and we're having a red party at our house--red dresses, red balloons, red & white cake and red foods. I'm even asking the guests to wear red. It's an easy theme to decorate for plus it's really inexpensive.