1st trimester screening

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Specky, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

Hi! Anyone else do the new 'Harmony' 1st trimester screening? I just had it done and it will tell me the sex! At 12 wks!! Part of me thinks it's too soon as I need something to look forward too, I'm almost at the end if my first trimester, woohoo! Looking forward to feeling a bit human, well... Pregnant/human anyway.
    I hope you're all feeling well!

2. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

Update: we got our screening done and everything looks great! We even got to find out the sex!
    We are having another BOY!!
    Funny how I grew up in a home with 5 girls!

Names are going to be really tough, DH and I can't agree with the few names we've come up with.

Anyone want to suggest any boy names? Our other two are Christopher and Ryan.
    Thanks for letting me share!
    Rebecca

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've never heard of that testing, is it like an amnio?

4. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Congrats!

(I'm partial to Jack.)

5. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Congrats! I've never heard of that either. Was it offered through your doctor's office? 

We're having a boy too! :) And unless we (I) change my mind, we're going with Caleb. But it took us a little while to come to that! LOL

6. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I think my OB barely even mentioned the Harmony test with this pregnancy, but I'm anti needle so I automatically turn down anything that isn't super mandatory.  Like the AIDS test, that's about all I submit too. :p   I don't remember if it was available with Josh. 

Nicholas is my favorite boy name!     It only took my husband and I 10 weeks (yes, WEEKS) to agree on our daughter's name.  And by agree, I mean I finally just said "FINE, YOU pick something because I'm D O N E DONE with naming children."  :laughing:  It worked though, the first one out of his mouth was the winner!

7. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Congratulations on a boy!

We don't want to find out the sex, we didn't with the twins either. But we are having a hard time with names too, especially girl names. We have a few potential boy names, one of which is my clear favourite, but we are absolutely blank on ideas for girl names.

It is a scan of the mother's blood, so without the risks of an amnio.

8. KellyJ

KellyJ Well-Known Member

I'm 44 and 12 weeks pregnant. I had the Maternity21 test, which is like the harmony. It tests for all major chromosomal defects, sex linked defects and gender. We got our results yesterday and all came back normal and we are having a girl after 3 boys! I don't know if I should do the amnio or not since everything was normal on this test. The results vary from like 97% to 99% accurate. Tough call at my age!

9. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

10. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

Congrats Kelly!! My sister was 46 when she delivered my beautiful, healthy niece. I hope the rest if your pregnancy continues to go well!

11. KellyJ

KellyJ Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm excited and terrified. Just happy all is looking well so far.