1st bday party questions

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by lilymadisonmom, Jan 30, 2007.

1. lilymadisonmom

lilymadisonmom Well-Known Member

1. It looks like my girls are going to be the only babies at their birthday party. I feel so bad, but we don't have any close friends or family with babies. Just wondering if I'm the only one doing this.
    2. what kind of "activities" should we have?
    3. What are you/what did you do for food and drinks?

Just getting together a few ideas for the party in two weeks. thanks!

2. lilymadisonmom

lilymadisonmom Well-Known Member

1. It looks like my girls are going to be the only babies at their birthday party. I feel so bad, but we don't have any close friends or family with babies. Just wondering if I'm the only one doing this.
    2. what kind of "activities" should we have?
    3. What are you/what did you do for food and drinks?

Just getting together a few ideas for the party in two weeks. thanks!

3. Kellyx2

Kellyx2 Well-Known Member

Hi. I plan to get a wooden playset for the back yard so all of the older kids can play on it. For food I will probably do wraps, baked ziti, salad, etc. Have fun!

4. Sara26

Sara26 Well-Known Member

We're having the party at 2 p.m. since that's when the girls usually wake up from their afternoon nap. We're not having a lot of food, probably just some munchie stuff since it's in between lunch and dinner. And cake, of course! There will be a few little kids, but we're not planning any activities. I'm sure the kids will play and the adults will just hang out and talk.

5. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by Two_Baby_Girls:
    We're having the party at 2 p.m. since that's when the girls usually wake up from their afternoon nap. We're not having a lot of food, probably just some munchie stuff since it's in between lunch and dinner. And cake, of course! There will be a few little kids, but we're not planning any activities. I'm sure the kids will play and the adults will just hang out and talk.

Ditto.
    We are having ours at our house at 3pm. We'll be serving lots of munchies/apetizers and cake. At this age, we are just trying to make it go smooth without getting too fancy. Next year we may get out and reserve a place/park and invite kids.

6. daniellecic

daniellecic Well-Known Member

we have a huge blow out for first b days. about 70-80 people, it's more like a wedding than a party. it is tradition so who am i to break it?!

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ours is Feb. 10 and we are having it from 4-7, since that is the longest stretch they are awake. There will be other kids there, but just cousins and all except 2 of them are over 4. There will be 2 that are 1 1/2. We are just going to pick up some wraps and things from Costco and cake.

I wouldn't worry about there not being any kids there. We are not planning any activities they kids will just play and that will be fine with them.

8. lv2bmommy

lv2bmommy Well-Known Member

Hi! We are having Samuel and Grace's bday at our house this year and we are just doing family. (but we have a large family - 8 kids under 7 years old plus all the in laws, out laws and grandparents, etc)
    But we are having hotdogs with all the sides and cake. For drinks I am just getting a cooler full of Pepsi and such and juice boxes for the kids. Not really doing any activites either. I figured they are just too young to get it just yet. I figured around 3 years I would do the "friend" invites from church and such and have games around then when they could actually play some things! [​IMG] What ever you decied their 1st bday will be a memorable one! Enjoy it! [​IMG]

Kim

9. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

After much debate, we have decided not to have a huge bday party for the boys.

I have about 40 people who were expecting an invite...we live about an hour away from everyone, and between that, timing for naps, and wanting it on their real bday (not the weekend), we decided to only invite the grandparents and their aunt & uncle.

We'll have a big party next year when they are able to enjoy it. This year if we had done it I would have been stressed out instead of actually enjoying the day celebrating with my kids.