14 week appt

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ChelleL, May 16, 2011.

1. ChelleL

ChelleL Member

Well, I don't know how to say this. I don't have any more tears to cry at this point, so I will just say this.

We got to see Baby A, and looked great. We could see the brain developing, bones, fingers, toes, ribcage, and heartbeat. Baby A was measuring right on target at about 14w3d.

Unfortunately Baby B no longer had a heartbeat, and according to the Dr. looked like it had stopped developing some time ago. Baby B measured approx 9 weeks. The fetus looked similar to when we had our first ultrasound back in April. She said that even though 2 heartbeats were found out my appt 12 days ago, it is more likely that the nurse picked up Baby A twice on the doppler.

Yes, I am devasted. But I am still incredibly happy and thankful that I still have a healthy baby growing. Thankfully the did not share anything other than my uterus, so Baby B will not pose any threat to Baby A. I hoping that my reg. DR will call me back tomorrow with what to do now, I don't have another appt. scheduled until the end of May.

I have extremely mixed emotions right now. I showed no signs of a miscarriage, and the Dr. said I might in the next few weeks, and I just as likely might not at all, and Baby B will just kind of become absorbed in the placenta of Baby A. It all sounds so technical, and I feel like talking about it doesn't do justice to the fact that one of my babies will never get to know me as his/her mother.

At the same time I feel horrible because I am not nearly as excited as I think I should be about Baby A. I know it will take some time... For tonight, I am okay. Tomorrow...that might be a different story.

Has this happened to anyone else. I am 14 weeks, and even though the dr said not to worry about the other baby, how can I not?

Here is the beautiful baby that we get to keep:
    http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk102/ChelleLangford/IMG_1066.jpg

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby B. You'll always be a twin mommy.

3. ward

ward Well-Known Member

i am SO sorry to hear that!!! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes extremely well. Best wishes and keep us updated. :hug:

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am so sorry. I do not any experience with this but understand how worried you must be about A. :hug:

5. Henderson

Henderson Well-Known Member

awww I am so sorry to hear :( I feel your pain I know the feeling of going into that ultrasound never expectingto hear something like that, I too lost my first bay at 14 weeks when at 7 wks was looking well. They found no heartbeat, that initial disbelief is hard to get over but now it is all about baby A and his/her wel being.

6. Lindala25

Lindala25 Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss.

7. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry.

8. TwinsItIs

TwinsItIs Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss of baby B. It's never easy to lose a baby. :(

9. Janclamat

Janclamat Well-Known Member

So sorry for the loss of your baby.

10. TrishaLinn

TrishaLinn Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss. You have every right to mourn this loss all while you celebrate the life of your one surviving baby... what a confusing time. You'll be in my prayers.

11. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: :hug:
    Glad to hear everything looks great with Baby A.

12. FormerNoCalGirl

FormerNoCalGirl Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Chelle. I am almost 14 weeks and I still worry constantly about one of the twins not making it. I can't even imagine how you are feeling because I know how quickly you become attached to the idea of having two. And to both the little lives growing inside of you. Cherish the little life you still have inside of you. He/she is truly a gift. XOXOXO

13. momof6

momof6 Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss and yet congrats on your precious baby. You are a twin mommy and your son/daughter will always be a twin with a special angel always looking down on him/her.

14. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for the loss of Baby B. :hug:

15. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I just wanted to let tell you my cousin had a twin pregnancy and then the one twin "vanished" so to speak, and she went on to have a healthy, beautiful baby boy and he's going to be 2 next week. So I think there's no reason for you to worry about Twin A, I wish you to have a healthy baby. Good luck and be strong!

16. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am so sorry for your loss :(