1 day shy of 19 weeks and still no movement

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by georgiamommy, Jan 5, 2013.

1. georgiamommy

georgiamommy Member

I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow with mono/di twin girls and I'm still not feeling any movement. This will also be our 2nd and 3rd babies and everyone says that you feel movement earlier with each pregnancy. Should I be worried?
    ~Amanda

2. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

I didnt feel mine until 21+ weeks..u may have an anterior placenta like i did.

1 person likes this.
  3. georgiamommy

georgiamommy Member

How did you know you had an anterior placenta? I've had a lot if ultrasounds and they've never mentioned it.

4. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

i read it on a report that i had to bring from my high risk to my obgn...nobody told me either..u can ask

5. georgiamommy

georgiamommy Member

Ok, thanks! I'll call 1st thing Mon morning and find out.

6. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I didn't feel my twins (second pregnancy) move any sooner than I did my singleton (first pregnancy). I don't think it holds true for everyone that you will feel movement sooner.

7. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I felt a "flipping" movement at 20 or 21 weeks but no real kicks till 23 weeks - and I had an anterior placenta also -

8. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I also had an anterior placenta and also didn't feel my girls until 21 weeks. :)

9. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I had an anterior placenta as well, so with my first pregnancy (twins) I didn't feel any movement until 20+1. I think with my 2nd pregnancy it was about 19+2. It was earlier, but not by much.

10. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

It was 20+ for me too to feel major movement ... Id feel little things here and there but wasn't sure if it was baby movement or not, and Jackson's placenta (baby b) was anterior while adalynns was prosterior so I felt her movement before his ... It always worried me early on but eventually I felt them both at the same time and it felt like they were break dancing or doing the jig in there mixed in with the hiccups ... Cracked me up!

11. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Any day now you'll be feeling them! It's so exciting! Make sure and let us know when you do!! :wub:

12. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

I was 23 weeks when I felt the twins for the first time.

13. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

I didn't feel my boys until around 20w and it was sporadic even then. I had an anterior placenta that blocked alot of the movements early on.

14. georgiamommy

georgiamommy Member

Saw my OB today and u do have an anterior placenta. They were doing lots of moving around during the ultrasound but I'll just have to keep waiting a bit before I feel it. :) Thank y'all so much for the replies and helping to put my mind at ease!

15. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

:smilie_xmas_116: Woo hoo! You'll be feeling your girls in no time!

16. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Thanks for the update!! I am sure that seeing them moving on the u/s was nice!! Yay!!