Clothes

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Bridgett, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Bridgett

Bridgett Well-Known Member

Is there a brand that seems to run taller than others? My girls can fit into 12 month pants but they are both so tall and the pants are too short. 18 months work good if there is good elastic. ANy suggestions? I need to go and buy a ton of new clothes for fall and winter because they hardly have any.

2. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

I've had Osh Kosh pants run tall and slim. I had to roll those suckers 2-3 times to get them to fit my short legged boys.

3. Bridgett

Thanks! I'll look into those.

4. ceej8670

ceej8670 Member

Gymboree tends to run tall, but waists tend to also be big on pants and jeans. Leggings from there work great. My ODD who is tall and fairly slim fits perfectly into childrens place ruffled flare jeans, and you can usually get those on sale from $5-$10 depending on the sale! CHildrens place stuff doesn't run quite as long as Gymboree, but is alot slimmer cut. Old Navy tends to run small, so if you go there buy a size bigger, and Carters tends to run short, so skip that! Thats the stuff I usually buy for my tall ones!

5. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've actually had pretty good luck with leggings for Alice. Of course, they're loose on her, but they work. Aside from that, we stick with capri pants and dresses. We do have a pair of pants that fit her perfectly, they're Playschool brand though and probably about 6 years old.

You know what kills me? As much as I really appreciate the effort and kindness, when people bring me bags of hand me down clothes for my two that have stretched out waistbands. I have to go through everything and keep the shirts, leggings, shorts, and give the rest away.

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have also found that Gymboree runs tall for my kids too.

7. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Oshkosh! At my target they sell oshkosh jeans with adjustable waist bands that worked great from my taller DD.

8. Bridgett

So it looks like Oshkosh and Gymboree. Thanks girls.

I've had the same thing happen with shirts lately too. I try to buy the babydoll style since those run longer. I'm afraid I might keep having issues like if they take after their dad - he is 6'6". LOL

9. lola5

lola5 Well-Known Member

I always thought that finding clothes for tall toddlers can be tricky! You will probably want to check out m and m direct. They usually have a good variety of brands, and some can offer pants that are longer, which could be perfect for your girls. It's a great place to find all sorts of clothes for fall and winter, especially with the elastic waistbands that work well for growing kids.

10. Antonineta

Antonineta Active Member

Очень круто! Надо будет тоже попробовать.