Ideas for motivational charts?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Crystal74, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Crystal74

Crystal74 Well-Known Member

My creative brain is non-existant, :rolleyes: but M&M have really been misbehaving for the past few weeks. My house is in need of some serious positive reinforcement. I would like to start a simple incentive chart. I have all the supplies,but I'm not sure where to start with them. How many things should I put on it? What kind of things should be on it? We are going to try 1-2-3 Magic starting next week and I just want to put some positive reinforcement in there. ;) ;) ;)

:D HELP ME :D

Crystal

2. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

I have poster board charts for all my kids. They have a windy trail that have 'mile markers' along them... They get a sticker for good behavior... Everytime they get to a 'mile marker' I let them pick one thing from the dollar store! (they LOVE it!) I let them pick ANYTHING they want... Its too cute. Then when they finish the chart (which has a rather long trail) they will get something special from me and daddy.

I write what they get stickers for all over the chart, and their names at the top. They put their own stcker on... They are just the cheap small circle stickers from the $1 store.

HTH!

3. p31heather

p31heather Well-Known Member

I plan on starting this in another few months, maybe once the school season starts.
    Have tasks on there that you know they can complete on their own or with limited supervision. Write it and also have a picture.
    things like, make bed, go potty, get dressed, eat breakfast, pick up toys, help with laundry, etc.
    They get a sticker for each task, each day. Make a new chart each week.
    Have a special family time out on the weekends ...use that time to praise the kids in front of DH . does this make sense?

4. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I would love to start something like this, if it really works... does it?

My guys have REALLY been acting out lately, and I would somewhat like to get it under control before the new baby arrives. I look forward to reading more positive things about it.

5. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

OK, so I am on the 1 - 5 site for my older daughter, but normally am on the first year site for the twins -
    but what has worked well for Maggie is we take a piece of construction paper and make one up together. We make a grid, and write up to 7 or 8 things she has to do each day. She gets to "help" decide what is on the chart, but I definitely steer it. She gets a say in it, though. She also gets to pick which color contruction paper we use each week. We use stars of different colors, and she gets to pick which ones go for which thing she did. After a while when she is really good at something, it comes off the weekly list and we add something else.

It really helped her when the twins were born. And the ped. said it might help more for girls than boys, but I can't speak to that.

6. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

QUOTE(KYsweetheart @ Jul 28 2007, 01:14 PM) [snapback]347597[/snapback]
    I would love to start something like this, if it really works... does it?

My guys have REALLY been acting out lately, and I would somewhat like to get it under control before the new baby arrives. I look forward to reading more positive things about it.

It sooo works! I never knew how excited they would get about a sticker!!! Its hilarious! Even my 5 year old gets pumped up about it!

7. WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Well-Known Member

I think the best way to get the right profits for your business is to think about all the little things beforehand. For example, I didn't pay much attention to document management before, but since I found the site right here I realized that creating waiver with electronic signatures is very important and on that site it is convenient to do it.

8. lauwss

lauwss Well-Known Member

I've never been interested in running a business, however, being self-employed has been a goal of mine for a while. I decided to get more into music, I started to write songs, and thanks to Spotify promotion, it wasn't a problem for me to gain an audience. Hopefully, I'll be able to make a living that way one day.