In between period Bleeding **Update**

Discussion in 'General' started by cheezewhiz24, Aug 31, 2013.

1. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My period isn't due for at least another week, I don't think I'm pregnant (DH had a vasectomy and we did the spermanalysis to ensure sterility) but this weekend I started streaking or spotting a bit.

Anybody have experience with this?

2. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It's not totally uncommon to have breakthrough bleeding. It can happen with ovulation, with implantation, or just because. Now....if your period is late, you might want to pick up some tests ;) It can also happen if you are stressed, or if your hormones just decide to go wacko this month. I wouldn't panic about it, but I would probably be counting down the days until af is due :)

3. cheezewhiz24

I've had implantation bleeding previously with each pregnancy so I'm a little concerned. Sigh.

4. Danibell

Hmm....ummmm.....yeah......well...........I'll just say that 4 is a great number of kids to have.....so.... ;)

:hug: Hopefully everything works out!! :)

5. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

For the first time in my life, I've been having spotting between periods since my period returned after Emmett's birth. The first time it happened, I thought for sure I was pregnant. In my case, I was really disappointed when it turned out my IUD was working just fine. ;) I've since noticed that the spotting actually seems to be related to sex. If we have sex within a week leading up to my period it seems to result in spotting. My best guess is that my cervix is sitting lower than it was in the past as it prepares to open for my period and so it's being irritated more than before. Keep us posted!

6. cheezewhiz24

Yes, it could be sex related... I plan on going in next week to rule out other medical stuff. Unfortunately I googled. :faint:

7. cheezewhiz24

Ok, so my period was due yesterday.....

And yesterday it came! I waited until today to be sure it was not something else (kids/implantation) have fooled me before.

So I will make an appointment with the doc to rule out anything other than a funky cervix.

8. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Woman! I actually held my breath for that pause! Sheesh. Well, I'm relieved for you! Let us know what the doctor says about your funky cervix.

9. Danibell

^^ Ditto Steph! :aggressive: