Update on me

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by MyOwnMeadow, Jul 22, 2013.

1. MyOwnMeadow

MyOwnMeadow Well-Known Member

I'm 32 weeks tomorrow.

Since I last posted I've been diagnosed with gestational diabetes and today was told I have mild preeclampsia (which I had with my oldest daughter). BP has been high, swelling it out of this world but protein is still mild, fortunately. I am over being on bedrest. My desire to eat nothing but ice cream and chilled fruit has been dashed. I pout about this pretty often. I am SICK of yogurt.

Last week at my 31 week growth scan they estimated the baby weights as: Baby A (Hudson) was 4lbs 11oz and head down (has been for weeks), but today at my bpp he was transverse. Baby B (Tucker) is still transverse and was 4lbs 14oz.

I don't know how you all made it through the last few weeks of your pregnancies. I cry a lot, my hips are popping out and I've gained 70 lbs. My hands are numb all the time. I'd like to make it to 36, even though I know 38 is better. I'm so over this though and the thought of another 6 weeks makes me cry.

2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Basically, it just sucks at the end. If it helps, it all goes away with delivery. Like with the epidural. Immediately. If that helps. Hang in there. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

Hang in there! I'm with you. My hips hurt so badly from side lying and my wrists are sore from propping up my head when I read or using the laptop mouse stick. I put count down dates on my planner - days left on bed rest, days till 37 weeks and days till my scheduled section at 38-3. It helps. There is an end but I think it's hard, too. It's just uncomfortable to get in and out of bed and hard to be so huge. Sorry I'm not too encouraging but I can commiserate. at least.

4. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Big hugs! It will all be over soon!

As a distraction, have you got or bought most of what you think you'll need the first weeks and months? Have you decorated the nursery yet? Does it have a theme?

5. MyOwnMeadow

We've had everything ready since 20 weeks or so. I'm a total control freak, lol. Just a few minor things to finish up and purchase. No nursery right now, the cribs are going in our room. We're in the process of trying to relocate, hopefully by the end of the year so I'm not trying to go above and beyond. Colors are navy and white, decor is sailboats and ocean creatures: my husband is former Navy. :)

I used one of the motorized carts at Target the other day since that is technically "off my feet". Husband and I laughed so hard I peed a little. I still have my sense of humor for the most part, but this is ridiculous. My kids go to summer camp next week and I have a massage and a pedicure scheduled. They go back to school mid-August, so I have back to school shopping to do (online, of course). The time is passing quickly, but I think I am hitting my wall.

(((Krystine))) You are in my thoughts often.

6. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Hugs!

I remember when they gave me the block for my section, it was the first time in a very long time I wasn't in pain.

Hang in there!!

7. rrodman

That's exactly how I felt. I told everyone in the OR. Repeatedly!

8. ECUBitzy

You're on top of it! I love a nautical theme! I actually won an eBay bid today for a huge antique brass anchor (housewarming gift for my parents) and I was totally contemplating keeping it for myself. I bet it looks adorable.

I wish I'd thought to use the motorized carts. I always thought it looked like a good time. We're pretty goofy and ridiculous at our local Target (they recognize us at this point) so maybe I'll get to take one for a spin some time. I could stalk the parking lot to use the excuse of returning it?

You're welcome to come and chat with us about absolutely anything at any time. We'll keep you distracted as much as we can! You're doing a great job and we're cheering for ya!

9. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I was on bed rest from 22wks to 35wks with my twins. It really did suck at the end. There's just no sugar coating it!

What helped me was keeping small goals. Every Monday I ate something to celebrate making it another week. I was in the hospital for my bed rest, so usually I'd have lunch delivered.

Just focus on the short term instead of the whole picture. It can be less overwhelming.

Good luck! You got this!!

10. chicagomama

chicagomama Well-Known Member

I really focused on distractions...eating favorite foods and streaming netflix tv series...hang in there...it is amazing how restored you will feel after they have arrived!

11. MyOwnMeadow

I'm so glad I found you all. The encouragement helps.

Thursday's bpp wasn't as great. Hoping Monday's looks better. Kids leave for camp on Sunday and as much as I love them, I need a break.

I got stuck on my back this morning. My husband laughed so hard he fell over. He is very lucky I adore him.

12. rayceryin12

I got stuck sitting on the floor once. I wanted to clean the fridge....it was going ok until I went to get up....it took me over 10 minutes to figure out how to get up without intense pain. Craziness!

13. MyOwnMeadow

Hahahah! I did that yesterday when we tried to put together one of our swings! My knees are not happy with me.

Kids leave for camp tomorrow!!! I am excited for the quiet.

14. Krystine

I fell over squatting on the floor trying to get something out of a lower cupboard. How are you doing now?

15. MyOwnMeadow

I'm so over it. My bp is up and down. I'm swelling a lot. I'm just trying to grit my teeth and bear it, but my hips are screaming.

Having twice a week biophysical profiles, which is great but I'm so tired after traveling to my MFM's office. Thank god my husband is home this summer.

Almost 34 weeks, with another growth scan at 35 weeks.

16. MyOwnMeadow

I almost forgot, Baby A is now breech and has been for a week and a half and Baby B is still transverse.

17. rrodman

So close! You are doing great! At this point with the twins, I found that frequent baths were helpful with the pain.

18. Krystine

Great work! Every day helps! I put a pillow underneath my hip sometimes (I basically lay on my right side the last few weeks).

19. ECUBitzy

You're so close now!

20. Krystine

hang in there! Home stretch!

21. MyOwnMeadow

At yesterday's BPP, baby A was still breech and Baby B was supine transverse, so they went ahead and scheduled me for a 37 week ultrasound just in case the little guy(s) don't turn. August 28th will be my day, either way.

19 days. Wooooo boy.

excitement and terror all over again.

22. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You are doing so well and getting close to the end! :woo:

23. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: It won't be long now...you are doing great!

24. Krystine

You're doing great!!

25. rayceryin12

Great day! My boys will be one that day!! Congrats on making it this far!!

26. MyOwnMeadow

11 days. I have a sinus infection and bronchitis. Coughing hurts SO BAD, plus it's hell on bladder control. Day 3 of a z-pack, so I'm hoping to feel better soon. I NEED to be better before the babies come so as much as I'd like to not wait another 11 days, I do not want sick newborns. Seeing snuffly babies makes my heart hurt.

Stupidly got my tdap on Tuesday, the day before I really felt sick and now it's a big hard knot on my arm.

It never ends, does it?

Both babies were estimated to be in the 6lbs 6oz to 7lbs 6oz range two days ago. Baby A is still breech and Baby B is now vertex, but baby b changes position every couple days. I am in rough shape.

27. rrodman

You poor thing! It'll be over soon. I had a knot from the tdap for more than a week, but it does eventually go away.

28. Krystine

It's miserable but you're doing great. I had the tdap too and the weekly progesterone shots so it does get pretty sore. Sounds like your babies are growing great! Happy for you!

29. MyOwnMeadow

4 more days until my c-section. Would really like to not last that long, but it is what it is.

Have tried everything to get baby A to turn to no avail. I'm resigned.

30. Krystine

You've done great! I didn't want a section either but in the end you do what you have to do to get your babies out healthy and safe.

31. MyOwnMeadow

Well, I didn't make it to my scheduled section, but I did make it another two days to 36 weeks 5 days. C-section went fine. The boys did end up doing 24 hours in the NICU at 4 days old because of jaundice and weight loss. They are doing fine now at over 3 weeks old. Weight gain is good. I'm working with a lactation consultant because they have weak latches and won't stay latched.

We are very happy and very very tired. My laptop died the night before I went into labor and we are just now jumping back into life. My husband is home until January, so it's been a very cozy and private babymoon. I'm glad to see the site back up and "see" all of you again.

32. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! I am glad to see you made it to 36 weeks. Enjoy the first few months, they go quickly!

33. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

36w5d! Woohoo!

Stop by the BF&Pumping Forum if you have any questions in between lactation constant visits.

34. ECUBitzy

Congrats, mama! You did it!! :babyflips:

35. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:clap: Congrats on your boys!!