Art Fair

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Sullyirishtwins, May 2, 2013.

1. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

1 of 2 got their artwork chosen for the district art fair. Which is wonderful news! However, how do I explain to the other twin his artwork wont be on display??? :(

2. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

It's definitely hard when one gets recognized and the other does not. However, I just try to let them know that everyone gets celebrated at different times in our lives, and although we are disappointed when something we worked hard on doesn't get chosen, but we have to be sure and celebrate those who have been chosen because they also worked hard as well. One day they will get a turn to get chosen and celebrated for their hard work publicly, but today just isn't that day. But...I also make a point to celebrate them at home. Usually, however, I try to prepare them beforehand to let them know that there will always be a chance that one will win and one will not. Then we talk about how we are going to handle that if it happens, and that it is okay to be sad, but make sure and congratulate the one who won and be happy for them. That way, if this situation does happen, we have already discussed how to handle the disappointment.

1 person likes this.
  3. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

This is exactly what we did this year when DD1 was on the Art Fair and DD2 was not.

DD2 was sad but also had fun trying to predict when 'her' chance would be.

4. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

I had a similar situation last summer, N got a prize at the library summer reading club raffle and M did not. At least there I could say it was due to chance! Still had done tears to deal with though.

Just another tough thing.