Things that shouldn't make you laugh...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Rollergiraffe, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Do you ever laugh when your kids do things they shouldn't?

This was terrible, but it was the best laugh I have had in a while:

Ozzy woke up at about 10 pm because his tummy hurt from constipation. He was really upset. I got him downstairs, got him pooped out, and he was so tired and in a crappy (pun intended) mood. He wanted to go back to bed, so he pushed me away, pushed Kris out of the way, and marched upstairs all dramatic, and stamping his feet, throws a look over his shoulder and yells, "YOU DON'T COME UP HERE, I WANT TO GO TO BED." Then he slammed the door! It woke Miles up, who started crying and we forgot the dog was outside in the snow until I heard her whimpering and had to go searching for her.

I was dying. If he behaved like that all the time, I wouldn't tolerate it one bit. But Ozzy has a serious flair for drama, and it was like a scene out of a teenage girl movie.

9 people like this.
  2. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Absolutely! More than once, I've said, "The fact that I'm laughing does not make that ok!"

8 people like this.
  3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yup.
    I don't remember what happened but I was putting my son in time out and I was on the phone with my best friend. Well, my son is there going, "I just don't like Mommy. I am just so mad at her right now. I don't wanna go in time out. I don't wanna. I don't wanna." He totally reminded me of Hermann Munster that I had to go downstairs, tell my best friend to hold on, so I could laugh with out either child seeing me or hearing me.
    Another time (before my daughter's social anxiety kicked in), we were at a play date and my daughter went off on an older boy because that boy took a toy away from her brother. Now my son wasn't crying about it, was probably too stunned) but she was wagging her finger, shaking her head and yelling at the boy to give the toy back, he's not nice to take toys away from her brother. The kid is just standing there like, what the hell? I had to leave the room and laugh before I could say anything to the children in the room to resolve the situation.

4. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Every. Day.

Samantha is a bossy thing (no clue where she gets that...) and she tends to scold Alexis for things. One day she was doing the finger wag and telling her sister not to do something and Alexis yelled (yelled!) "you're not mommy!" I was laughing so hard I had to leave the room. :)

5. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, I laugh at nearly all of the drama. And Alice is a drama llama.

6. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

My two still crack me up and half the time they don't realize why what they are saying is so funny. Like the other night, they were playing with paper cut outs of the family that they had made. One of the twins said he needed a stapler, I asked why and he said "Cause Josh's arm keeps falling off." I thought it was hysterical and they didn't understand why.

7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh yeah, I swear the comic relief is to counter balance the rotten times! :lol:

8. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Oh yeah - I laugh at my kids and their funny antics all the time. Just yesterday Cricket was trying to tell Piper what to do. So Piper stamped her foot, put her hands on her hips and yelled "you're not the boss of me!!!". I could barely suppress my giggles. I totally lost it, though, when Cricket gave a huge sigh and said in a long suffering voice, "Yeah, I know. But I should be. I should be everyone's boss. I would make a great boss." Like the world was conspiring against her. Cracked me up.

6 people like this.
  9. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It's my favorite part about this stage! :D

10. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

This is SO FUNNY :).

11. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My kids fav thing is teasing daddy about his "big long monkey arms". It's hilarious! It started one day in the truck, I was driving, and the twins wanted their juice cups. I couldn't reach them from the front seat and told them that. One of them pipes up "Yeah cause mommy doesn't have big long monkey arms like daddy does!" I thought I was going to cause an accident I laughed so hard. Now, anytime I say I can't reach something, they have to say "cause mommy doesn't have big long monkey arms like daddy does!" and giggly outrageously. They always look to make sure daddy heard them too! :lol:

2 people like this.
  12. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

I laugh all the time. It is that or cry.

The funniest moment was when they were helping me mix up muffins. I turned my back for a second to get something out of the cupboard. They had been fighting a little back and forth about who was doing what. Nothing major just a spat. I was ignoring them until Logan started crying hysterically. I turned around and there he stood with egg dripping down his hair and face. Connor had taken an egg and smashed it on Logan’s head. I started laughing so hard. I kept telling Logan I really wasn’t laughing at him.

5 people like this.
  13. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

every time my kids swear...I know its not a good thing but there is something funny about "DAMN CATS" coming out of my daughter!

1 person likes this.
  14. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

My boys talk about their penises and "nutballs" ALL THE TIME. It's so funny. The most hysterical one I remember was when they were trying to decide who's "nutballs were bigger." They argued back and forth, and then Eli said, "You know who has big nutballs, Daddy.He has the biggest nutballs, and someday mine are gonna be that big when I grow up." That still cracks me up.

2 people like this.
  15. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

There is something inherently funny about the emphatic, "I'm never going to play with you ever again!" followed by stomping into another room. It brings a smile to my face every time!

1 person likes this.
  16. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Jori, I get that here too! Plus, "I'm never talking to you again!" And 5 minutes later, they are talking like nothing happened.

1 person likes this.
  17. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh yeah, I hear "I'm not your friend anymore!" and if I'm in the room I say "well you're still her sister so keep picking up" or whatever chore/issue they're fighting about. Or they tell ME they aren't my friend anymore to which I say "that's fine I was never your friend I'm your mother."

The FUNNIEST was when Amelia was so concerned about the presidential election. No idea why. But she was in tears, adamant that she did NOT want a new president. I had to try really hard not to laugh. Somehow she thought a new president = us having to move and her going to a different school.

18. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I speak fluent kid-eese. She was thinking of the word "residence", which sounds like "president".

2 people like this.
  19. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Oh, these are awesome! :lol:

Sometimes the kids still take baths together. Direct quote from the other night: "Andrew, sit on my vagina! It's nice and soft and squishy! It makes a good fidget." [At school they have finger fidget toys to use occasionally.] I was just sitting there thinking Oh crap I really ought to intervene in this one --- and laughing to hard to do anything about it. (Luckily, Andrew did not take her up on her offer, and they both forgot about it.)

4 people like this.
  20. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

The drama queen fit throwing has been cracking me up lately. Last night one of the twins was in the bathroom goofing off while he was supposed to be brushing his teeth, so my husband goes in there and firmly tells him to stop fooling around and brush his teeth. Alex storms into his room yelling "FINE just cancel Christmas because I can't behave!!" Luckily I was in the other room where he couldn't see me laughing.

3 people like this.
  21. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

"Mom, my penis is really big, I need new underwear".

He'll be happy to know I got him some new Star Wars undies for Christmas the next size up. :good:

3 people like this.
  22. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

Rivky fell tonight while chewing on a Mike n Ike (we were at a party). She started screaming, so I picked her up, but she was able to pause the screaming several times to chew on her Mike n Ike. No pity from me, kid!

23. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I laugh at my kids all the time, ESP at the things they say that I thought they understood but clearly didn't! Or the words they either butcher or use out of context!

24. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I just thought of something about my kids. They are 2 and 3 months and they are starting to talk more. They have a Melissa and Doug Clock puzzle which they love. This is how they learned the word CLOCK, only they can't pronounce the L in the word... So it's so funny when they ask to play with the clock. At times while she solves the puzzle Vanessa keeps saying Clock, Clock, Clock. I shouldn't be LOL about this but I can't help myself, I am like a 12 year old :).

Sorry if I offended someone with my weird sense of humour :).

25. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

There's a lot. Last week I went upstairs to check on the kids and I hear 'shhh Mommy's coming!'. I knew they got in trouble (and they did) but I couldn't help laughing.

26. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

Rivky covered her face with her dress today while she was trying to sneak out of bed during naptime. I looked up just in time to see her cautiously uncovering one eye to peek out. It was totally an 'If I can't see you, you can't see me' moment. I had to hold myself back from laughing while I made her go back to bed.

27. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

Here's another one:

Me: "Josh stopping hitting Lois (our dog), it's not nice"

Him: "Okay, mom, can I hit Jake instead?" :rotflmbo: