Seriously....Pregnant again!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Ericka B, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

I haven't been on in a while but I loved this site when I was pregnant with my twins and all you ladies were life savers the first year. I literally can not believe I am pregnant again...I really thought I was done after the boys. This was a total accident! I just needs some words of encouragement that this isn't going to be as bad as I have made it in my head. I am sort of excited and sort of scared to death. You know you really come to love full uninterrupted nights of sleep and your kids finally being able to do things for themselves. PS... I how do I already have morning sickness...I never had a day of it when I was pregnant with the boys :(

2. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

I was in your position three years ago!

The pregnancy was an accident, I didn't intend to have more children. I really enjoyed being beyond the packing a bag just to go to the store, and all that gear, and sleep and my girls playing independantly.
    Have you seen the doctor yet? I was totally freaked about having twins again so they gave me an ultrasound at my first appointment. I was go glad to see just one.

And my singleton pregnancy was so easy, I'd even "forget" that I was pregnant from time to time in the second trimester. Then having just one baby to care for--my oh my, compared to twins it was almost like not having a baby at all. He loved the sling and I just went about my life with him in the sling. He was exclusively breastfeed so I didn't have to have thermos of hot water and formula and bottles when I left the house and best of all--he never spit up! Not once! so I didn't need 4 or 5 changes of clothes for him to leave the house. He also had very regular bowels so I just slipped a few extra diapers and a travel wipe container--into a largish purse--no diaper bag! It was amazing. He wouldn't take a paci and his favorite toys were his big sisters, he loved to watch them and they loved to entertain him, so no need to take toys with us. Have I mentioned it was AMAZING!
    After being pregnant with twins and having new born twins I was like, why are there so many people on the planet? Do women really choose to go through this all several times? With a singleton I was like, So this is why women do this more than once!

I hope you have an equally amazing experience this time around with just one baby. :babyflips:

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Twins are amazing, but man oh man. My singleton is very much like Melissa's. She is soooo laid back I forgot I was pregnant a few times, too. My boys adore her and play with her as much as I let them- they haven't mastered gentle yet. :lol: She was a shock as well but even my DH who was not wanting any more kids has come around. We adore her!

4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Our #3 was planned but the newborn period was similar to this for me. It was a very positive experience for the most part. I do miss sleep but I know it'll come back again some day. ;) Big hugs. Give yourself some time to process everything.

5. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

I have not gone to the doctor yet, I can barely process this :rolleyes: I suppose I should schedule an appointment. Hearing all of this makes me feel sooo much better. This seems to be what everyone's experience has been. I'm hoping I'm calmer and more mature and I can really enjoy this one. Not that I didn't enjoy the twins but for me personally it was kind of traumatic. I felt like I didn't sleep at all for 18 months, they never slept through the night!

6. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Every baby is different. Every baby is different. Every baby is different. It's a mantra. ;)

7. NicoleLea

NicoleLea Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad, I am in your shoes right now! I got prego (unplanned) after we thought we were done. The girls will be 5 when the baby is born. It is a crazy thought but I know I will adjust.