New to the group

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by korilyn, Oct 20, 2012.

1. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I think I have heard them all too!!

Welcome everyone!!

2. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

They definitely are different! Not necessarily better or worse, just different. We saw a family with triplets recently and my husband and I were joking about all the questions we "should" go ask them. ;)

3. korilyn

korilyn Active Member

People sure are nosey! lol

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Oh man now I'm confused if my 7 year old twins are identical or not!! That'll teach me to read threads on here.. :lol:

Congrats to all the new twin mommas!

5. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Haha! Oh they are! A multiple pregnancy / birth is so new to most people you will get all sorts of questions and get to educate people constantly about them.

My best friend didn't believe me about the number of questions you get like when people saw that they were a boy and girl asking if they were identical. She was laughing so hard.

6. korilyn

korilyn Active Member

I know a twin pregnancy is higher risk than a singleton... does that mean more ultrasounds??? I was lucky that with both my singletons, I got a bunch of ultrasounds for different reasons (none being baby issues, thankfully). I'm just wondering if I will get a peak at these little ones more than usual? (it's a nice reassurance)

7. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Yes, you'll more than likely have more ultrasounds. I'm foggy on the specifics (it's been a long time!) but I know that I had monthly ultrasounds, then biweekly, then weekly (by 30 weeks). Di/di pregnancies don't require as many, but I think many doctors still provide a few more than a singleton pregnancy.

I loved the ultrasounds. :wub:

8. korilyn

korilyn Active Member

Me too!!

9. rayceryin12

I went to 38 weeks. At my last ultrasound, the tech said "are you still here?" LOL. I had monthly, biweekly and then weekly the last 2 weeks.

10. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I had fraternal twins with no complications and had monthly ultrasounds, then twice a week, then once a week and for the last 3-4 weeks I went twice a week.

11. ECUBitzy

There's a really sweet lady who reached out to me while I was staying at the RMH who added me to her private naturally parenting twins group on FB- those ladies actually decline many ultrasounds. I found that very interesting to learn about.

12. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I declined ultrasounds with my singleton (actually I wouldn't have had any at all except DH was insistent on an "official" head count) and if I were to find myself pregnant with twins again I wouldn't agree to any routine ultrasounds.

13. ECUBitzy

I'd love to hear about it, Rachel. You should start a Q&A thread. I have such mixed feelings toward our experience that different approaches to pregnancy and childbirth fascinate me.

14. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

Ha yes! I find this fascinating too! Sorry to hijack original post, but Rachel, would you seriously not have an u/s if you had twins? What about TTTS?

15. korilyn

korilyn Active Member

I am the complete opposite... I loved having several ultrasounds. Even paid for our own 3D/4D session. We loved seeing our baby any chance we got!! <3 technology

16. Shay2181

Shay2181 New Member

Thanks! I hear there are so many of us due around the same time because the blue moon in August hahaha\

I am so glad this forum is here! Is there a FB group? I am on FB much more often :eek:) haha

17. korilyn

korilyn Active Member

I'm on FB all the time too!! :blush:

18. korilyn

korilyn Active Member

It's been a while... but I'm checking in.

Currently 21 weeks and mostly feeling good. Nausea finally stopped at about 17 weeks but then the massive headaches started (had this with my last pregnancy too). Those have finally subsided, I just get them periodically instead of daily. So now that I'm actually lively again, I'm already getting uncomfortable. lol I could totally pass for 7 months pregnant right now. With my last pregnancy and this one, I did profile shots to show belly growth (which is an amazing transformation to see) and my last pic I took at 20 weeks was about the size I was at 31 weeks with my singleton.

We got an early guess during our u/s at 14 weeks. 2 boys!! This was confirmed at our 19 week anatomy scan at the peri's office. Both babies are looking great. They were about 11oz then.

I think it's finally starting to set in that we are having twins. I've always been happy, but since I started putting together our registry and shopping for nursery stuff, it is all becoming more real! I know it's going to be tough having 3 babies under the age of 2. But our dd is such an angel. We couldn't have been more blessed.

One thing I wanted to ask... (I will be asking my OB at my appt next week) but just wanted to see your thoughts... are there any "lifting" restrictions during pregnancy? It was never an issuew with my singleton. But she is a healthy 25lb girl and I notice when I pick her up and put her down a lot, I have a dull pain in the pelvic area. Not sure if it is best described as pressure or just dull round ligamnet pain. I also noticed that one day I had been running errands and getting in and out of the car at about 6 different stores. So just curious if when that happens, I should take that as a sign to ease up and rest??

Hope all is well :)

19. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

I had the ligament pain too. You're carrying around a lot of extra weight and have to maneuver differently to get in and out of your vehicle so its to be expected but with that being said you might want to take it a little bit easier and try to break up the errands a bit so you have some time to rest in between.

Glad things are going well!!

20. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I did have lifting restrictions as a precaution. I think more for comfort than anything. I mean I already had enough aches and pains without a pulled muscle on top. My lifting restrictions probably started at 30 or 32 weeks though. To make it easier with my ODD (who probably weighed a little less than your daughter at the time), I would generally sit down somewhere and then pick her up. Doesn't help with getting in and out of the car (at about 6 or 7 months, I gave up on getting her in and out of my 2 door by myself!) but any time that you can do that will help some.

21. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I tried to listen to my body pretty carefully while pregnant, so if I felt crappy after doing it, I would self-restrict.

22. rayceryin12

I had no dr restrictions, just self restrictions.