Having some difficulties

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ward, Aug 11, 2012.

1. ward

ward Well-Known Member

So we (the baby and I ) had a check up the other day. While i was talking with my midwife I let her know (actually it was my husband since i felt that it wasn't that big a deal to tell her) that i was experiencing some extreme light headedness, dizziness, and feelin faint when i stood up and it didn't matter if i stood up slow fast or if i had been standing for longer than a minute. So she tested out my heart rate to find that while sitting down my resting heart rate (at the doctors office) was 131 beats per minute. So she had me stand up and checked it out and it was 150 beats per minute. She suggested that I go to urgent care (basically a step down from ER in my town) So i went just to be told that they thought I should go to the ER. So I went to the ER they tried giving me some meds to slow my heart rate which didn't work so they set up an IV and started a drip of meds which eventually worked after several hours. Now I have to see a cardiologist and my OB no longer is allowing me to see the midwives he wants to see me due to all the issues i have been expeirencing so early this pregnancy, High Blood pressure, gestational diabetes, and now rapid heart rate. So i have been feeling just extremely overwhelmed with all the issues not to mention the time off work. And then there is the issue of not being excited over this pregnancy (although happy) just not extremely excited. So I called a cardiologist (which is an hour away from where i live because there are no cardiologists in my town) and had to have my ob send over a referral but they can get me in with in two weeks which is good. But im just affraid of everything. Okay I think that is enough venting for tonight. Thanks for reading!!!

2. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm so sorry there is so much going on with this pregnancy. I hope your appt with the cardio doctor goes well.

1 person likes this.
  3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Boy, what a ball of stress. Can you get in with a pregnancy massage or maybe some prenatal yoga? I would think some de-stressers would be nice for you now.

:hug:

2 people like this.
  4. ward

ward Well-Known Member

haha i wish i could. I work and then come home. I think my biggest fear right now is them taking me off work for the rest of this pregnancy we can't survive on disability right now money is tight even with a full pay check let alone having less due to disability. I do hope how ever that things go well with the cardio.

5. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

:hug: I'll pray for you! That's just so stressful!

6. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

You're in my thoughts and prayers!

1 person likes this.
  7. borgerfam

borgerfam Well-Known Member

This is really stressful and scary! Please keep us updated. I am so sorry about all these difficulties.

-Rebecca

8. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

All the stress of things happening have got to make it worse. Sorry you're going through all of this! Maybe see if your husband will help with more in the evenings? And do you have a job where you could sit and maybe even put your feet up? If not, maybe talk to your boss about some job modifications for now? Good luck! Hopefully it all turns out to be relatively minor and the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful!!!

9. ward

ward Well-Known Member

Thank you sweety. Prayers are most certainly welcome!!

10. ward

ward Well-Known Member

thank youe everyone for your kind words and support. My work wont make any modifications for me with out something saying that they need to from my doctor. i see the cardiologist September 6th so we will see what he says