How long do you leave one twin alone?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by jdorourk, Jul 19, 2012.

1. jdorourk

jdorourk Well-Known Member

For those that are solo in the daytime, how long do you leave one twin alone? For example my twins nap in separate rooms and when i put one twin down for a nap it might take 5-10 mins. Do you leave the other twin alone in another room for that long or do you take the twin with you? Mine arent mobile yet (3 mos) so i could leave one in a bouncer or playmat.

2. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

If they are in a safe and secure area and their older sister is somewhere that she can't get to them, I will leave one or both of them alone for 20 - 30 minutes. Basically long enough for me to get a shower and start feeling human again. Mine are 2 months so they are also not mobile and not even rolling over so that makes it easier to do. Once they can move around I would probably change what makes them safe and secure more than the amount of time.

3. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

I've always felt more comfortable leaving the other one in a PnP or their crib if I was going to be longer than a few minutes.

4. MommyMelissaReturns

MommyMelissaReturns Well-Known Member

I would usually put mine in a car seat if I had to do something for a few minutes, that way they were secure. They always had those toys that strapped across it to play with until I was done. I think a bouncy seat or playpen is good too though. I was a big worrier, so I didn't leave them alone longer than 3-5 minutes while I tended to the other one. I even strapped them both in their car seats and put them in the bathroom floor while I took a shower with the shower curtain open, LOL.

5. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I'm like the first poster. If they're safe and secure and out of the reach of a sibling I'm okay.

6. Silly_Putty

Silly_Putty Well-Known Member

I did this except instead of an older sister, I had dogs to secure. There were also times when they were in their exersaucers/bouncers and I'd fall asleep on the couch 4 feet from them and take a light nap while they did their thing. As they got older and more mobile, I dropped them in their cribs if I needed to do something.