I seriously think DH is going to have a stroke

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by MLH, Feb 17, 2012.

1. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I just took DD1 bra shopping. Yes, bra shopping. OMG! She'll be 9 on Tuesday and is really getting some buds and I told her last week that if she starts to fet uncomfortable, I can take her shopping to get some camis or sports bras or training bras. She asked me the next day to take her so we made plans to do it today. She tried on different kinds and is being very matter of fact about it (I love it!). So we come home and DD2 (6 yrs old) is freaking out screaming and crying b/c she wants bras too. I'm talking total meltdown. Then DD1 starts showing us her bras and and DS says "Why do you need bras, do have boobs now?". LMAO. It was all just so surreal and funny. DH just hangs his head and goes to the medicine cabinet and then back to the bedroom. lol

4 people like this.
  2. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

Oh my! Thanks for the glimpse in to the future!! :lol:

Oh my! Thanks for the glimpse in to the future!! :lol:

3. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Awwww!! :wub: And ughhhh :faint: all at the sand time.

1 person likes this.
  4. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

:laughing: I can totally see the entire situation playing out in my house in about 5 years!

1 person likes this.
  5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I HATED bra shopping!! I held off as long as I could. I think that was 9th grade!

1 person likes this.
  6. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Omg sounds a lot like my house! My oldest started wearing them last year. Mostly just for gymnastics at first bc leotards are so see through. I think I had more fun buying fun ones for her bc they are so cheap and have so many options! If only ours were as cheap! Mckenna (my six year old) is dying to wear one and had the same meltdown! She has some two piece leotards which she is allowed to wear to gymnastics in the summer and has convinced herself the top is a bra and that has kept her happy for now! I do not remember ever being that excited to wear a bra!

1 person likes this.
  7. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

My twins have some, but refuse to wear the bras. They don't really have anything yet anyway. But, Peyton, who is 6, always says she wants one. My Mom tells a story of when my sister was 12 and getting a bra, and there I was (5 years old) trying to peak under the stall screaming, "I want one too!!!". :laughing:

2 people like this.
  8. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

So glad I'm not alone in this. lol So this morning when I got up, she was already dressed. She comes over to me and says "It's ok if I wear the same bra today as I did yesterday, right?". The other 2 have stayed in their jammies all day, but she just had to get dressed first thing this morning. A friend suggested that if DD2 really wants one that I should get her a tiny sports bra. I'll have to see if they make them small enough. lol

9. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

I really hope I'm not the only one who can seriously see you doing that Heather!!!!!

Okay, mine NEED bras, and not just under thin tops. I think I have (or peer pressure has) convinced Cassie to wear one every day. She would prefer not to, its too much bother. But she really needs one. Luckily for me I don't have a little one to throw a fit that they want one when their older sister gets one. Holly got hers first because she needed it first, but as I said, Cassie was not into it at ALL!

10. 4jsinPA

If you go to walmart they have fruit if the loom bras that come in small...very tiny! They are a little big on Mckenna but she us tiny! Also if anyone else has Ross/marshalls they have awesome deals on sports bras! Or D-icks (wont let me type store name)has Nike sports bras for like $15!

1 person likes this.
  11. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

Just last week my mother came over with a pack of kids sports bras(fruit of the loom?) from walmart for the girls to wear under tanks????. All three kids (6yo for twins and 5yo ) couldn't wait to wear them and show all the girls in the neighborhood their bras. This only lasted for 2 days :) Mine do love to put on my bra and dance around too!

12. AmynTony

Justice also has some eeeeensy weeeensy little sports bras

13. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll go out shopping for some tiny ones this weekend to satisfy the 6yr. old. Now, do I tell DH about that one or will it push him over the edge? lol

14. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Yes, Justice has sports bras and some pretty tie dye regular bras. I wish I could wear something so cute like those!

15. AmynTony

i know right? wish mine were more than "white" and "nude" LOL

16. 4jsinPA

I know!!! I love all the cool colors/styles I get to choose for my daughter, she has like 40 bras...no joke. We also bought the white sports bras from Justice then she had a sleepover with some friends and I bought tye dye stuff and they did the bras. It came out cool.