Wanting to meet other twins..

Discussion in 'General' started by NaomiH, Jan 23, 2012.

1. NaomiH

NaomiH Member

Hello everybody,
    I've just joined this forum after reading a page online about twin troubles, it had a link to here. We are identical twins in England, we are 24.
    We are just interested in befriending other twins as it would be nice to see if others have had similar experiences and troubles in life because of being twins. Sometimes we feel like we are the only two in the world who have this kind of life and relationship but that site has given me hope that there might be others who understand.
    If there are any others on here then please say hello, thanks! Xx

2. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hello and welcome. My sister and I are 37 and are identical.

I have learned over the years that every twin relationship is exactly the same in that it isn't like any other twin relationship anywhere. We probably fall on the closer end of the spectrum but we've found a life that is comfortable for us.

3. NaomiH

NaomiH Member

Hi Kendra,
    How nice that you are close at 37. Alex and I are really close and live together but we argue like cat and dog!
    We both enjoy the same things and are in a band together so the closeness is probably what causes the conflicts but we couldn't have it any other way. We feel that life has stuck us this way. Xx

4. AlexH

AlexH Member

I am Twin 2, half an hour younger. I'd love to meet other twins to hear their stories and troubles. Reading the Twin Troubles page has really help us to realise that we seen 't freaks and that we aren't cursed and that there are others out there who understand our misery and our joys. If there are any twins out there who would be up for getting in touch with us please feel free to contact us! Xx

5. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

Hi Alex and Naomi, welcome to Twinstuff!

My sister and I are 26 years old and also identical. We are very close although at this stage we live very far apart, we are always there to support each other. Most people don't even know now that we are twins because we live completely different lives, but when we are happy or sad, it's each other we still call first.

Twinstuff mostly have parents of twins and only a few participant twins. Hope you enjoy the site and feel free to start any topics (or look at the archives to see past conversations)

:welcome:

6. gonzod

gonzod New Member

It's not easy trying to understand that I have a twin but seems like he's not even my brother....

7. NaomiH

NaomiH Member

That's sad Clone2, have you fallen out? X

8. samirelandcelts

samirelandcelts New Member

HEY EVERYONE!!!
    my name is Samantha and i am a twin as well. we are 20 years old and live in the US.
    My issue i am having with my sister is that recently i am engaged and to be honest im scared my fiance would be attracted to my twin as well. He claims that we look alike sometimes but most of the time were different. I dont know what to do, it bothers me being a twin honestly. Sometimes i wish i wasn't one. I don't know what to do about how i feel or how to cope. Its causing issues in our relationship because i will ask what he thinks our differences are etc..but he refuses to answer. I just dont want him to end up liking us both. Were two different people. We have similarities like any sister but were different in so many ways as well and im scared he might not see the differences. 
    Please someone can you help with an opinion or something....im having a hard time getting over these issues and i need to move forward with my life. I just cant move forward until this is out of my head. ya know? 

9. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I'm not a twin (just a mom!), but I'm going to try to answer.

Love is based on so much more than appearance. If your fiancé fell in love with you and chose to propose, he's not basing that on a physical attraction. As you said, you may look like your sister but you're two completely different people. His connection is with you and with your personality and the relationship that you've fostered.

If this is a concern you've had in the past and with other relationships then maybe you could go see a therapist for a time to talk through some of it. Relationships can be tricky no matter if you're a twin or not, so it never hurts to have a person to talk to.

Good luck!

10. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, what Steph said. He chose you and wants to marry you for reasons more than your looks and you decided to marry him for reasons beyond looks (I hope) 

Does he get you mixed up a lot? My brother in law rarely gets use mixed up and we all live together. He says there are lots of differences but can't really list them. He gets embarrassed when he does it but it is mostly when he can't see whom ever he is talking to. 

11. KarinaC

KarinaC New Member

Hi im a twin in the UK :)
    identical twin with a sister, turning 22 soon :) i love meeting other twins

12. Twinrific

Twinrific Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome Karina!

13. EboniErica

EboniErica New Member

Hello! Newbies here! We just found out about this forum..so cool to connect with other twins! :)

14. Twinrific

Twinrific Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome!! :wavey:

15. RonJohn

RonJohn New Member

Hi new here, i'm an identical twin male 27 u.s.

16. GazN79

GazN79 New Member

Hello everybody,

I've recently joined Twinstuff. I live in the UK and I'd like to meet other twins.

I'd like to ask NaomiH and KarinaC: Have you've been able to meet any twins here in the UK since posting your messages? I'm wondering if there are any groups in the UK where twins meet regularly. I'm trying to meet other twins. My twin died in-utero, and I'm curious about twin life. However, I haven't been able to find any adult twin groups on the internet.

17. Bestian

Bestian Well-Known Member

I feel you. Sometimes I feel myself lonely as well.

18. BillShiphr

BillShiphr Well-Known Member

Maybe you need to try using dating apps? At least here you can meet a lot of good friends. Just follow the link to learn more about some of the options for yourself. Hope you will be able to pick something good for yourself. Good luck with meeting new friends, pal.