Suddenly crying again at drop off

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Tamaralynn, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

My boys have been going to daycare since Sept. Like all kids the first 2 weeks they cried at drop off, but haven't since. Nathaniel started crying again. He cried yesterday and I thought it was because he didn't have a great sleep Sunday night, so he was tired. Today he started crying as soon as I parked in front of the daycare! The van wasn't even in park. I don't understand why as William seems fine, he runs right in and says Bye Mommy! Any suggestions?

2. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

We had this issue as well. The first week was awful, then it was fine, then one started crying again. We came up with a fun goodbye routine - high fives, elbow hit (I have no clue where they got this from) "see ya later alligator". It was fun for them to have that special moment before leaving, and now we don't even have to do the routine. Good luck!

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I bet it's because you had a change in scenery last week. He's crying because he wants to go back on vacation.

4. Tamaralynn

lol maybe! My mom suggested it could be because he isn't feeling well. He has a cold, so maybe that's why.

5. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yeah, it's probably that you had a change of schedule for a whle and now he's sick. Poor punkin.

6. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

He could also miss his older brother. You've had a lot of changes so he just needs to know he is secure in this routine. I'd talk to him about it and suggest a new good bye routine to see if that helps him.

7. Tamaralynn

It could be that he misses Donevan, he was in a diff room then the twins, but they still saw him before and after school. I never thought of that. He cried again this morning and his teacher says he cries at nap too, which is also new.